Orange1

How accurately do you record your freefall time?

As the title says - I've noticed some people will log the exact freefall time per the calcs, while others round off (usually up) to the closest 5 seconds... I've put "other" as an option in case there is some other option :S that I haven't thought about yet, if you do answer other please explain!
Skydiving: wasting fossil fuels just for fun.

I've put "other" as an option in case there is some other option

I use a Pro-track, which records my freefall time for me.

Before I got that, I would just put down the estimated time from doing the maths, but didn't round it.

I answered other... because before I got my protrack I would estimate based on what kind of jump I was doing... 60 sec for full alti (although I would use the scale and estimate for lower altitude jumps.)

Now my times are logged according to the protrack.
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

I use a Pro track. Much easier and more exact.
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

Mostly I worked off the chart, assuming a faster fall rate and WAGing it. When I had a neptune demo, I used exact, save the jumps where it was clearly wrong (average speed of 165 for a belly, 0 mph at 12k interval). It also seems that FF on the neptune continues until your parachute has fully deaccelerated you, which may be different from the chart going to deploy time.

For whatever accuracy it represents, I passed an hour last weekend.

It also seems that FF on the neptune continues until your parachute has fully deaccelerated you, which may be different from the chart going to deploy time.

I use a Protrack...and I think it sneaks you an extra couple of seconds while that canopy is deploying. It always says my deployment altitudes are lower than when I tossed my hackey.
Get in - Get off - Get away....repeat as neccessary

In the US, most S&TA will not approve jump and freefall time awards without a logbook entry or other written proof. Mine has told me the protrac is not suitable proof of jumps or time since anyone can take the protrac and jump with it.

I log my rounded freefall time from the protrac's individual jump data screen and then periodically insert the exact time (HH:MM:SS) to verify the totals and reference tie to protrac time.

Blue skies,

Jim

In the US, most S&TA will not approve jump and freefall time awards without a logbook entry or other written proof. Mine has told me the protrac is not suitable proof of jumps or time since anyone can take the protrac and jump with it.

Anyone can fill in a log book too! At least the protract has to get into the air to log its dives.

My precision is 1 second; my accuracy is closer to 5 seconds.

hehe, you know the difference between precision and accuracy! :)
I would say that I log about the same as you. Precise to 1 second; accurate to 5 seconds.
--
Arching is overrated - Marlies