skylord

Dive Exit

Question on the dive exit. Skylord here, reporting from Hong Kong as I write this. Also, on the PM front, I've written skyyhi twice, shark, and cajones once. For some reason, the pms don't go through.

Anyway, I'm at my grad dive. How about that!

I don't swim very well, so any analogy to water diving is lost on me. I plan on picking a target during my spotting, and diving toward it, at about a 30 degree angle, Superman style. Any pointers are welcome, and I will of course defer to my JM. Legs tucked up tight, and have fun.

Is that how it is done? Let me know. I am concerned I'll tuck the exit. I know I can recover, but I want this jump to be perfect. Any help is appreciated.

Bob

ps: Darcy, Mark, Ed, I am pm'ing you all, but not getting replies. I'm back in the US on Sunday, the 28th. Talk to you then, if not before!
Bob Marks

"-when you leave the airplane its all wrong til it goes right, its a whole different mindset, this is why you have system redundancy." Mattaman

Hey there. . .

I got your last PM but not the one before that. . .

The diving exit is a lot of fun. They will have you dive out and get your feet up on your butt. . .yeah, superman style except for the feet. . .It is a pretty easy and FUN exit. After that you will roll into a front flip. . .the momentum from the dive will roll you right over.

You will love that dive exit. . .trust me. . .I will be out here next weekend (the third of April) jumping with my roommate. . .if you are here doing some solo student jumps. . .let me know. . .
FGF #6
Darcy

They will have you dive out and get your feet up on your butt. . .yeah, superman style except for the feet. . .It is a pretty easy and FUN exit. After that you will roll into a front flip. . .the momentum from the dive will roll you right over.

If you hold your body position you shouldnot flip. I love this exit, especially when chasing a 3 or 4 way base out the door.
Keep your eyes on your spot and legs up and hold your line, if you drop your head down you'll front flip.
Chin up and eyes on the ball:)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

After that you will roll into a front flip. . .the momentum from the dive will roll you right over.

I've never found that to be the case at all and I've done dozens of diving exits at this point. I have never rolled over into a front flip. I get vertical with my head down for a couple seconds and then flatten out on my belly right away.

Perhaps its a weight distribution thing. As an avid weight lifter I have a large percentage of my weight in chest, arms, shoulders.

After that you will roll into a front flip. . .the momentum from the dive will roll you right over.

I've never found that to be the case at all and I've done dozens of diving exits at this point. I have never rolled over into a front flip. I get vertical with my head down for a couple seconds and then flatten out on my belly right away.

Perhaps its a weight distribution thing. As an avid weight lifter I have a large percentage of my weight in chest, arms, shoulders.

She is referring to the Level 8 (Cat. E) skydive we do at Elsinore.
The dive exit and front loop are part of the dive flow.

She is referring to the Level 8 (Cat. E) skydive we do at Elsinore.
The dive exit and front loop are part of the dive flow.

:PB|

Just don't give in to the feeling that you will flip, you're really just barely in a track to the relative wind, so go take a ride - it is easy if you have confidence.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Yep. . .that is what I was talking about. . .

Intentionally using the momentum to put you into a front flip. . .

Hey Mark. . .didn't get to chat much this weekend. Ed's coming out next weekend to jump his new rig for the first time (BEER). So we are gonna do some jumps together. . .see you then.
FGF #6
Darcy

Yep. . .that is what I was talking about. . .

Intentionally using the momentum to put you into a front flip. . .

Hey Mark. . .didn't get to chat much this weekend. Ed's coming out next weekend to jump his new rig for the first time (BEER). So we are gonna do some jumps together. . .see you then.

Well, you were just the chatty catty with all the gang at the DZ. IIRC, you also snuck into the "School" picture.:P

Should we reference your level 8 for clarity?:o:ph34r::);)

Actually, I think you've set the standard for Skylord, and those that follow.B|

Well, you were just the chatty catty with all the gang at the DZ. IIRC, you also snuck into the "School" picture.

Wasn't my fault. . .we were hustled into the picture by Chris. . .B| Besides, I spend so much time there, I might as well be hospitality director. . .:)

Actually, I think you've set the standard for Skylord, and those that follow.

Aw shucks:$. . .That was a very sweet comment. . .I did love that dive by the way. . .:)
FGF #6
Darcy

Actually, I think you've set the standard for Skylord, and those that follow.B|

I must agree. She is a true trailblazer! I will try to live up to the legend!

Bob
Bob Marks

"-when you leave the airplane its all wrong til it goes right, its a whole different mindset, this is why you have system redundancy." Mattaman

I must agree. She is a true trailblazer! I will try to live up to the legend!

I don't know about trailblazer, but I did finish those maneuvers really fast. . .so I did some more. It was a lot of fun.

So, Bob, when you getting back out in the sky. . .Only one AFF level to go and you are clear to solo. . .I'm Waiting!B|
FGF #6
Darcy