soarfree

Tell me how to NOT become a 100 jump wonder!

Yeah Sunny, get off the mat and jump! We'll do a belly jump this time so I can actually see your face! :P

You and Jeth have both seen the videos. Better wear body armor while you check out my "skills" ;)

And as for staying in one place... doubtful. I can just stay around others more often now. I'll introduce you to some great "targets" though Jeth! :)

Well behaved women rarely make history - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

The more you realize that you don't know shit at 100 jumps, the better off you'll be.

Good luck. :)

Heh or at 500 jumps.

I mean I didn't appreciate what the good freefliers were doing when I had 100 jumps. Sure it looked cool, but how hard can HD be? Have the same thing with FS right now [how hard can it be?], but have had some humbling FS jumps to take away some of my arrogance. B| >

Same with any aspect of the sport, I think. The more you jump, the more you start to notice the subtle nuances of what the Good People are doing - and the more you start to realize that what you can do and what you do know is pretty little in comparison.

Why is it that the old dogs out there make us feel so insecure that can't just be ourselves. Hold on to your personality and don't kiss ass, grovel and compromise just so you can be accepted by people just 'cos they got a million jumps. That is, of course, not to say that you think you know it all, and never stop asking advice from those that have experience, but just be you. Its easy to evaluate yourself as an intermediate and be deferential, but if these guys are professional they will respect you just being yourself and asking the advice without thinking you know it all

i've got just over 200 jumps, and when i tell this to whouufo's they always say 'wow, that many' or 'how are you not dead yet!'

but i always reply with that's nothing at all, i'm still a beginner and just starting to learn the sport. As long as you realise 100 jumps is nothing and dont get up your own ass then you'll be fine!

hmm, yes... I always preface my number of jump with the word "only" as in "I only have a little over 100 jumps..." too...

I'll probably always do that though... because there is always something to learn in this sport (and in life in general for that matter...)
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

Actually you will know if you earn that title. Most likely other jumpers will point it out. We have one at our dz at the moment 35 jumps. Secret is stick with someone at your DZ who is respected. If students ask for advice from you. Explain that your knowledge is not that much and point them in the direction of someone with more experience. I have a few jumps and still find myself asking questions. We are all students:)
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

I don't like the "Wonder" term at all. I've heard of 100 jump wonders and I've heard of 3000 jump wonders.

Everybody thinks they know more than the next person in this sport. Just ignore people that have this attitude. Unfortunately these egos run rampant in our sport.

If there is a genuine concern for safety than you should listen up. On the other hand, don’t feel like you owe an explanation for everything you do. It is impossible to have the foresight that comes with experience when you have low jump numbers.

I don't like the "Wonder" term at all. I've heard of 100 jump wonders and I've heard of 3000 jump wonders.

Everybody thinks they know more than the next person in this sport. Just ignore people that have this attitude. Unfortunately these egos run rampant in our sport.

If there is a genuine concern for safety than you should listen up. On the other hand, don’t feel like you owe an explanation for everything you do. It is impossible to have the foresight that comes with experience when you have low jump numbers.

Mouth shut, ears and eyes open. That should do it

Totally, but you can open your mouth to ask questions or for adviceB|

There is a fine line between confidence and cockiness, unfortunately, those 100, 200, 300, etc jump wonders usually have the latter in spades.

Liz

I want 100 jumps, but I don't want to be that "100 jump wonder" person. What can I do to not earn the title?

Mouth shut, ears and eyes open. That should do it

Good advice on which I'd like to expound:

1) Shut the f*ck up.

2) When someone with 5 times as many jumps as you tells you that you screwed up the formation see #1

3) When someone with 50 more jumps than you tries to talk down to you, humor them for about a minute. Then see #1

4) When someone with 25 jumps asks your for advice, tell them only what you are certain that you know, then tell them who you learned it from, then tell them to go talk to that person.
Then see #1

5) For every minute you spend bragging about how well you just did on that last jump, spend at least 90 seconds talking about how bad you screwed up the one before. That's called maintaining perspective.

And finally: Never bitch about having to bring beer. Make it an honor.
OrFunV/LocoBoca Rodriguez/Sonic Grieco/Muff Brother #4411
-"and ladies....messin with Robbie is venturing into territory you cant even imagine!-cuz Robbie is

of course. My RW suit has been feeling neglected this season

I used it as a headrest on sunday. :)
Amy - Me, you, val and any other chicks need to do an all chick dive.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

That reminds me once at bandcamp. Just kidding, really one time down in Houston some friends of mine were doing a pickup eight way and this young Dr. started telling us how to climb out, exit, fly our slot etc. She had good advice but the closest to her jump number was about 500 more then her. I know someone with eight way experience could know more then someone with 3000 jumps but this was a simple dive, not the case. It was kind of funny when she figured it out.:$