ChrisL

WFFC 23,000 ft jumps

I don't remember seeing anything in the SIM about high altitude jumps being one of the requirements for the C license??
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Other way around.
I was under the impression that a C license was required for jumps high enough to require supplimental oxygen.

A high altitude jump is not required to get a C license
A C license is required in order to make high Alt. jumps.

My question is regarding the altitude above which a C license is required.

Where is that line drawn?

__

My mighty steed

Here is how it works for the 23k jump run by Mullins. You walk up to the tent, you pay your money, you come back at the time they tell you for the shake and bake oxygen mask class and how the ride will unfold. You get on the plane you jump out. Thats how it works:)
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Doesn't the WFFC require at least a B license to register? I think I remember this when I went in 1997... Of course, the rules may have changed since...
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

From the web site:

* What are the requirements to be a registered skydiver at the convention?

To be registered as a "skydiver" with that wristband you need to have at least 50 current freefall skydives. This does not require a "license" but expect some additional scutiny at registration if you don't. These 50 freefalls must be current and properly logged!
USPA licenses are encouraged.
This policy was established because of those outside the US not having jump numbers identical to USPA for a particular license. 50 freefalls is about the same experience as a USPA "B" license holder and what we feel is enought experience to be in the air with a number of jumpers.
Those with fewer than 50 freefalls must register as a "student" skydiver and must jump under the supervision of the student training vendor, and pay whatever they are charging.
We encourage lower experienced jumpers to seek out the Convention Load Organizers in Tent 3 for a few jumps to provide an orientation.
__

My mighty steed

Here is how it works for the 23k jump run by Mullins. You walk up to the tent, you pay your money, you come back at the time they tell you for the shake and bake oxygen mask class and how the ride will unfold. You get on the plane you jump out. Thats how it works:)

That's how my 24k run on Saturday went, but with no briefing. It was just like an 18 but higher, and I kept my mask on until the prior group exited. They had wanted a B.

The wording in the sim strongly recommends a B/100 jumps for above 15k. It suggests a C for high altitude, being 20-40k. The ranges seem off - 23k is very different from 30 in terms of needed procedures and equipment.

Cool... I remember the 50 jump minimum was in force in 1997, I see they've made verifying the qualifications a bit more detailed these days...

A perfectly fair question. You dont need 500 jumps to ask it ;)

Never got around to documenting my accuracy jumps.

I just at a busy DZ with lots of folks in the air at once. I usually land out of the way because I dont feel like having someone swoop me to death.

That being the case, none of the people that would need to see my accuracy ever see it
:(
__

My mighty steed

A perfectly fair question. You dont need 500 jumps to ask it

Never got around to documenting my accuracy jumps.

I just at a busy DZ with lots of folks in the air at once. I usually land out of the way because I dont feel like having someone swoop me to death.

That being the case, none of the people that would need to see my accuracy ever see it

Yea, but can't mark a spot in the "out of the way" area to get your accuracy requirements. Getting your C will allow you to do more in this sport.
------------------------------------------------------
"From the mightiest pharaoh to the lowliest peasant,
who doesn't enjoy a good sit?" C. Montgomery Burns

The wording in the sim strongly recommends a B/100 jumps for above 15k

Don't recall exactly what the SIM had to say about it when I went through AFF, but it was common for students to exit at 18.5 - 19k ASL
(O2 from 9k AGL, till jump run), right along with the up-jumpers.

Somewhere I still have the "A" license card that was signed off by the S&TA at that DZ...in fact, he was my AFFI for all but one of my student jumps.B|

G. Jones

"I've never been quarantined. But the more I look around, the more I think it might not be a bad idea."

Yea, but can't mark a spot in the "out of the way" area to get your accuracy requirements. Getting your C will allow you to do more in this sport.

Not really. I have both the jumps and accuracy for the C but haven't paid for a number. I probally will not get one either. Just going to get my D when I have 500 jumps (So close.) The only things I have found that I can't do with a B are things I need a D to do.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

I am A qualified but with no number (got my pretty yellow card in my log book) and am B qualified except for water training. I'll get the B after I get water training, but around these parts it's rather hard to come by. We're going to just end up paying an instructor to give us water training at my house.
--------------------------------------------------
Failure to prepare is preparing to fail

I am A qualified but with no number (got my pretty yellow card in my log book) and am B qualified except for water training. I'll get the B after I get water training, but around these parts it's rather hard to come by. We're going to just end up paying an instructor to give us water training at my house.

hey! Are you coming to the WFFC? What if we arranged to have some water training there, would that help?
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]