Cookiemunster

What are the chances of FREE tandem jump?

Step 1 : be cute
Step 2 : be single (or at least act like it for the time being)
Step 3 : meet interested tandem master who owns tandem rig
Step 4 : con TM to take you on tandem and allow him to pay the slots...;)
Step 5 : Thank him graciously

Or the topless offer sounds good too.

My first (and so far only) Tandem was free.

I am extraordinarily good looking though :D

I actually won it at the pub (probably the only good thing I have ever taken home from the Royal Exchange :S).

My experience of people however tells me if you hang with them just to get something they may not be overly hospitable... not saying that's how it is though :)
6 months 2 weeks and $3,300 until my AFF is all done and I can play too.

stay safe

colin
Because it's there - Mallory

I have always worked under the policy that if you are approved and go naked the jump is for free. The approved part I get the other guys on the load to cover extra expense.;) So they approve or not. I think fast Eddie is working on a naked tandem D lic.(I believe he is over 100)he would probably take you for free anytime.

If one were to go to a Dropzone and hang out what are the chances of getting a FREE tadem jump?

Send me a picture and a brief description of your sexual attitude and I'll let you know....lol

Seriously, it will probably depend on what you're willing to provide....as bad as that sounds.

Blues,
Nathan
Blues,
Nathan

If you wait 'til the last minute, it'll only take a minute.

i won a free one from skyride. they were a bit too late about calling though. by the time they called, i had nine jumps and a chunk of tunnel time (this was jan.. maybe feb)-- i had completely forgotten about it. glad i didn't wait!

i signed up for the drawing at the end of last fall ... didn't think i'd win?? weird stuff.:S
anyway, i went to the dz/got hooked on my own.

so, there's a chance of a freebie there. i learned later, skyride is kind of shady and might send you all over the state.

edit: i thought of a way... be born into it!:D just think about it...
i didn't lose my mind, i sold it on ebay. .:need a container to fit 5'4", 110 lb. cypres ready & able to fit a 170 main (or slightly smaller):.[/ce

There's a DZ in australia that gives free tandem jumps if you go naked. Ring around, you might find somewhere like that - only if you want to go naked of course!
www.TerminalSports.com.auAustralia's largest skydive gear store

If one were to go to a Dropzone and hang out what are the chances of getting a FREE tadem jump?

Better yet! Tell them you know me. that should work.:)They may only charge you $600 for the jump!:)

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Go to a DZ, go through AFF, make 200 jumps, spend £6900 on jumps, AFF, equipment and £xxx on beer, get your C licence then hang around until a tandem evaluation course is being run, then get invited to help a TI train, then get your free jump!

Trainee tandem instructors need balast ie experienced students ie C licence holders, to enable them to get their rating.

The requirement to have a C licence applies in the UK but I don't know what requirements other countries have.

Well I'll give you all the free tadem jumps ya want.

For taNdem jumps I need at least slot, gear rental and pack job paid for.;)

Your chances are not good unless you offer other "Services", have been around a long time...ect.

I am sure at some point if you are here long enough someone will offer it.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Trainee tandem instructors need balast ie experienced students ie C licence holders, to enable them to get their rating.

The requirement to have a C licence applies in the UK but I don't know what requirements other countries have.

100 jumps req. here, (I just been invited as "balast" B|), also if you one of friend of mine had tandem jump only payed for slot - and it was a headdown tandemB|
Why drink and drive, if you can smoke and fly?

I've made 2 tandem jumps and both of them were free, and neither one of them was I naked.

The first one was at a boogie and I packed for him all weekend and he took me up on a free tandem the last day of the boogie. (I was still a student then and couldn't jump at the boogie.)

The second one was with a friend of mine who had just got his tandem rating and wanted to jump with someone that day before his first paying tandem.

If you are truly interested in skydiving and do not have the money, get a second job and put that money into an account for skydiving. I have always had a second job to pay for my skydiving at first it was a true second job for almost three years now it is being a tandem instructor. I believe that where there is a will there is a way( just do not try getting a free ride there are way too many people in this world trying that now)
Kirk

Who is at leat and why do you need their slot paid for?

A 'leat' is Tandem master who does bono work....Sheesh

OK, Ya got me;)
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

The only time I've seen a free first-jump tandem happen, the passenger was a stripper who wanted to jump naked with video. The video now gets played regularly at the bar. It borders on being obscene.

It only happened because the DZO were away from the DZ that day, and the TM's took matters into their own hands. The DZO did not approve.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

I've got a couple free tandem jumps, because I'm hanging out a lot of the dropzone I get asked a lot. These are recurrency jumps (after the winter), new tandem master jumps (kinda scary sometimes LOL), new rig/chute jumps, and they all require a passenger with at least an A license.

Then I did 3 tandem jumps when I only had to pay either one or two slots, also because I'm an experienced (ahem) jumper... And because they were special jumps (night jump and a jump-in at another DZ for a party and then back to our DZ).

Just hanging out, no jumper? No free jumps...

ciel bleu,
Saskia