skykittykat

Arizona Challenge

>Does anyone know what the jump was and was it achieved???

Not sure what the formation was, other than there were a lot of backins, so I suspect a jewel of some sort. It came close but did not complete.

one grip....missed by one grip.
[:/]
Scars remind us that the past is real

one grip....missed by one grip.

Bummer:( How close had they been before that last jump?

Liz

If we were closer than one missed grip on previous dives, we would not have done all 6 dives.

The formation was a 16-way jewel with 8-way opals off the center of each side of the jewel, in-out lines connected between the opals, off the end of the opals were donuts with a room person.

It was an awesome weekend as usual.

The weather Gods even gave us cool temps and thunderstorms Friday and Saturday nights.

Make It Happen
Parachute History
DiveMaker

The weather Gods even gave us cool temps and thunderstorms Friday and Saturday nights.

Since we did have to do much dirt diving out in the hot sun it was great. :)
And we had some AWESOME lightning shows on those nights I'd have to say also. ;)

The Challenge was exactly what it was meant to be, a CHALLENGE, and as always, it brought some of the best formation skydivers from all over the world together for some great skydives.

It was great to see Todd during the weekend also.

I cant wait until next year. :)

Be safe.
Ed
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

The formation was a 16-way jewel with 8-way opals off the center of each side of the jewel, in-out lines connected between the opals, off the end of the opals were donuts with a room person.

Anyone got a photo? Or could draw it?

Anyone got a photo

Yeah I have one. I'll scan it when I get to work for you.:)
Also, Ash one of the Airspeed vidots said that the formation completed on the video for about 2 seconds but not on the photograph. So there ya go.;)

Sorry the ends are cut off..got a new copier that I havent learend to use very well....yet! You get the idea though.

Also, Ash one of the Airspeed vidots said that the formation completed on the video for about 2 seconds but not on the photograph. So there ya go.

Before they had digital still cameras, the judges had only the video to look at to determine a completed formation. And now with the new rule that you -don't- have to hold a formation for 5 seconds for it to count, the 2 seconds it was held is enough, right?

It doesn't have to be in a still picture to be ruled a completion, the video does the job. Correct?

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Anyone got a photo

Yeah I have one. I'll scan it when I get to work for you.:)
Also, Ash one of the Airspeed vidots said that the formation completed on the video for about 2 seconds but not on the photograph. So there ya go.;)

Sorry the ends are cut off..got a new copier that I havent learend to use very well....yet! You get the idea though.

Watching it from the ground, I was SURE they were going to make a skull and cross bones.....

:D:D:D:D:D
Scars remind us that the past is real

wasnt around for the finale but some of the work ups looked fucking incredible even from the ground.. and we fun jumpers LOVED the extra altitude... :)
also i have to say (as was was pointed out by more than one observer) that the male/female ratio for skilled bigway jumpers is completely different from that of your 'average' jump weekend.... B|