Evelyn

0 G's in the plane

We were on our way to altitude and at about 8,000 ft. the plane started kind of pitching up and down, felt like a roller coaster ride. The skydiver next to me got this big smile and said "0 G's". People started putting on their helmets, so I put mine on even though I had no idea what was going on. Glad I did cuz the next thing I knew I was floating off the bench onto the ceiling of the plane. We stayed there for a few seconds then floated back down. Everyone was whooping and cheering and someone said "that's the best 0 G's I've had". I said "that's the first 0 G's I've had", More whooping, cheering, yelling "beer". It was totally awesome. I wish all rides to altitude could be that much fun. I don't know if the pilot did it purposly or if it was due to winds or something, but whatever the reason, it was a hell of a lot of fun! Wondering who else has had this experience. In over 300 jumps this was the first time I experienced 0 G's in the plane. Totally screwed up my protrack though. Said I exited at 7,900 and deployed at 7,400 with 0 freefall :S.

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing ~ Helen Keller

I lost count of how many times, years ago, we'd be able to do full 360 flips in the C182 when our pilot would give us a neg-G ride. :)
But I can remember about 4 times when I ended up on my head as he pull the plane back up! :D

Be safe.
Ed
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

We used to do it alot, and 95% of the jumpers thought it was a blast. There was a few complaints from either tandems, students, or a queezy jumper and we almost cut them out completely. It is great when you are just sitting there half asleep, or day dreaming out the window and all of the sudden you are floating off the floor with your stomach in your throat lol:D

Elsinore? Ugh, I landed in that plane once... :S scary shit... shaking thinking about it... :| I need to do some 0 g's too :ph34r:

No, not Elsinore. Don't want to say where cuz don't want to get anyone in trouble.

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing ~ Helen Keller

Elsinore? Ugh, I landed in that plane once... :S scary shit... shaking thinking about it... :| I need to do some 0 g's too :ph34r:

No, not Elsinore. Don't want to say where cuz don't want to get anyone in trouble.

Guess I didnt realize that was breaking rules :S

FGF #???
I miss the sky...
There are 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary and those who don't.

We have an old jump pilot at our DZ who (if you ask nicely) will do it on jump run. You sit in the door. He puts the plane in a parabolic trajectory and gives a quick flick with the rudder. Suddenly you are just sitting in thin air.

I have never had the balls to ask him, but allegedly it should be quite an experience. People tend to look quite surprised when they find themselves outside the plane with no prior warning. :)
HF #682, Team Dirty Sanchez #227
“I simply hate, detest, loathe, despise, and abhor redundancy.”
- Not quite Oscar Wilde...

Just don't forget what crazy things can happen...

And crazy things happening are not all that rare.

Look, I've got over $2000 worth of camera equipment bolted to the top of my helmet.

If any of that were to be damaged because some hot-dog pilot thought he was cool by not warning us beforehand, trust me that the repair bills will be coming from his paycheck, or the plane owner, or the DZO.

Zero g's can be fun under the right circumstances. Doing it without a clear verbal warning is irresponsible and neglegent.

(the following not directed at Dave, he knows these things...)

Aircraft piloting is one thing I consider to be of paramount importance to a "good dropzone". I will not jump at a DZ where the pilots endanger ourselves or the aircraft. Go take a look through the incidents forum, in the last 3 monthes there's been 4 turbine plane crashes that may very well have been caused by pilot error. 3 Otters and a Porter. That's HUGE. One of those crashes killed a jumper. Take this shit seriously.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

If any of that were to be damaged because some hot-dog pilot thought he was cool by not warning us beforehand, trust me that the repair bills will be coming from his paycheck, or the plane owner, or the DZO.

_Am

Not to mention the damage you can do to your neck if you smash the ceiling. Getting floated of the floor in a manuever IS NOT ZERO Gs!. That would be NEGATIVE Gs and there is a limit that any plane should take of these. Hope yours isn't the one that went too far and no one knows.

Good luck out there folks.
Chris Schindler
www.diverdriver.com
ATP/D-19012
FB #4125

Look, I've got over $2000 worth of camera equipment bolted to the top of my helmet.

Sorry to be the one who says this but after all of the other threads about the waiver I have to ask. you did read it right? (toung in cheek not trying to be a dick ...)
A good DZO would have a serious talk with such a pilot, maybe even can his ass, a good pilot who made a mistake would be sorry and maybe offer to pay for repairs... but don't count on either.

Good Judgment comes from experience...a lot of experience comes from bad
judgment.

_Am

Not to mention the damage you can do to your neck if you smash the ceiling. Getting floated of the floor in a manuever IS NOT ZERO Gs!. That would be NEGATIVE Gs and there is a limit that any plane should take of these. Hope yours isn't the one that went too far and no one knows.

Good luck out there folks.

Yep, an aluminum can takes only so much bending before it weakens....and ultimately breaks.

Don't know if it is breaking the rules. Hey Nate, how are you?? Just realized it was you. Thought you got deployed. How are you? Are you posting from overseas?

Nope, just got back home last friday :ph34r: I hope to be up at Elsinore sometime this next weekend .. mabey see you there.