TallGuy

Hybrid Record Judging Draft 1

In the interest in creating a dropzone.com record category that allow people across skydiving disciplines to participate on equal footing I'd like to establish a new hybrid record category.

The following suggestion for guidelines has been posted in the interest of establishing a standard for judging dropzone.com hybrid record attempts. This does not pertain to Hybrid RW (turning points between two or more complete hybrid formations).

If the draft is rejected by 25% or more I'll revise it with any generally accepted suggestions and submit another draft in one weeks time. If this gets to the 4th draft and is rejected by 50% I'll just leave it to someone more qualified to establish the standard.

1st draft follows:

The attempt may not start at an altitude any higher than approximately 14,000 feet above ground level.

The formation must consist of an equal or greater (up to twice) the number of hangers and stingers to people flat flying.

The formation of all flat flyers in the base and all hanging hangers must be held for at least 10 seconds. All stinging may only be counted while it is built. This includes consecutive base completions within the same skydive.

Stingers must be in either a head down, sitting, or standing (which includes standing on the base) position.

A sting must be held for 3 seconds to be counted. One sting per stinger is required or the attempt is disqualified (although more are strongly encouraged). A stinger may sting a stinging stinger:P

Obviously there must be judgable video of all of it.

I wouldn't limit the altitude.

Yeah I wasn't very comitted to that.

I wouldn't require 10 seconds for anything.

Really? I have seen so many hybrids in which hangers were able to get vertical under the flat flyers but didn't ever achieve stability. Usually by the 5th second they would basically cork and pop up above the formation. I'd say almost anyone could hang for at least 3 seconds just by tucking up briefly but that hardly reflects that they performed their role adequately.

You didn't say that the formation built had to be the one planned, which I would add.

Excellent point. I will add it. Although I'm not sure I'd agree the stingers should preplan where and how they sting the base.

Just a thought, but see if you can get the current rule set for the RW and VRW records and work in the other stuff. ;)
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

www.scr-awards.com
vRW Awards

You may also contact Bill Newell whose contact info is on the site.

Edited to add: might be good for the Anvil Brothers WFFC sunset loads to get something going in the hybrid category.... cause we're gonnna be smokin.. ;)
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

www.scr-awards.com
vRW Awards

You may also contact Bill Newell whose contact info is on the site.

Thanks Bigun this helps a lot.

might be good for the Anvil Brothers WFFC sunset loads to get something going in the hybrid category.... cause we're gonnna be smokin.. ;)

Sounds like fun. But if it goes to shit I have a feeling it's going to hurt.

FAI Sporting Code

This should have it.

I actually found this earlier in hopes that it would. I found that it has a lot of information regarding the organizing the judging around such an event (I'm positive this has never been followed for establishing a dropzone.com record unless by coincidence). Unfortunately, there is next to nothing with regards to what needs to transpire within the skydive itself. Let me know if I missed something though.