RADskydiver

??Too soon 2 skydive after injury??

Had traumatic injury while in AFF aprox. 10 weeks ago.:(
Doing tandem skydive tomorrow to get back in the sky. Physicaly my leg is healed enough to do it. My stomach is ready to launch. My head is sending me mixed signals " What the hell are you doing you almost killed your self last time" , most of my brain and body is so wired to jump again I can't sit still. I love the feeling of flying, and the view under canopy is so incredible I don't want to ever land.:)Too soon?? Will it help my spirit?? Does the body heal faster if your mind is at rest?? P;ease help.

I think only you can tell the answer. But I think it's great that you're testing the waters with a tandem jump. If your wuffo friends were right, you have a simpler role to play. If you're right, you'll know by landing. And you can go over canopy skills with the TI.

but the first solo landing may still be a bit exciting.

but the first solo landing may still be a bit exciting.

I had my friend on radio and he was making me laugh and relax. My first jump back after my accident was the first time I actually enjoyed the canopy ride. I'm sure that's not normal though, I expected to be terrified at the least. A friend of mine had a hard time with it though.

RADskydiver:
My worry for my recurrency jump wasn't the landing, it was flying on my belly:D:D:D:D I had about 15 hrs in the tunnel freeflying and maybe a few hours bellyflying. I focused on belly my last tunnel session and was great in the air. I have to admit, I was a little hesitant on the go around cause the dumb asses took too long in the door but at that point I just wanted out, I didn't care if I had to land myself or not. :D:)
GOOD LUCK!!!!! :)
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

You want to jump with a broken femer less then 10 weeks after the injury? Take some more time off. The leg needs to heal and I've seen tandems come in and break legs. At this styage of your healing you don't want to risk any trama to the leg. Come back once you are cleared by the Dr to jump solo. :)
You can't always control a PLF and odds are that the tandem master will be the one that just falls on you in a tandem so unless you can convince him to only fall on your right side its not worth it.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

You want to jump with a broken femer less then 10 weeks after the injury? Take some more time off. The leg needs to heal and I've seen tandems come in and break legs. At this styage of your healing you don't want to risk any trama to the leg. Come back once you are cleared by the Dr to jump solo. :)

FWIW, I'd agree with that. While the typical tandem landing is a heck of a lot better than an AFF-1/2 type, the rare bad ones aren't that different.