efs4ever

Visting an old subject

In November I began THIS thread about visiting tandem instructors.

Now, as I approach my 1000th tandem, I plan to travel to a far away place to share my milestone with a friend. In order to do that I will and am contacting DZO's in that far away place to get assurance that I will be allowed to take my friend along with me on my thousandth tandem jump.

Mixed results. The first DZ I contacted said absolutely not, because he's afraid his staff would be upset and leave if they let some "outsider" come do a tandem. Mind you, PRICE was never discussed, as I figured we'd pay the price of a first timer.

Other discussions with more understanding operators are in progress, so it's likely that I'll get that jump, and she'll share it with me.

Why would you get upset enough to run off if a visiting instructor brought his student and jumped her? Would you? Probably not, I thought.

Remember, I have my own tandem rig, and I'm very current.

Anyone?
Russell M. Webb D 7014
Attorney at Law
713 385 5676
https://www.tdcparole.com

I stand corrected :$ it is indeed their business.

However; I think this would not be a big deal at most DZ'z because it was not a TM that the company would lose, he is bringing everything needed to jump as any of us up-jumpers would.

DZ politics are always in effect and this is some of that!!

Arvel
BSBD...........Its all about Respect,

USPA#-7062, FB-2197, Outlaw 499

In November I began THIS thread about visiting tandem instructors.

So why not just bump the original thread instead of starting a new one? Then people who have not read the original can see what the replies contain before responding? :S

I never answered the first one . . . as a Tandem Instructor on staff I would not object to you bringing your friend to our DZ to make your milestone 1000th tandem. Of course since I'm not the school owner or the SZO it's not up to me. I'm not in it completely for the money anyway, so the money is not a factor for me. Also, your friend may not have come to our DZ to jump anyway if it wasn't with you, and I would be happy enough knowing that she is getting another skydive - I AM in it for sharing the sport with others.

The business owners have the choice of saying yes or no . . . you're just going to have to find one that is as open minded as the rest of us.
Arrive Safely

John

I have also been inquiring about this lately. I am going to visit in-laws in Michigan infew few weeks and several of them want to jump with me. Of the 3 DZ's that I called 2 said no, one messege not returned from DZO(I have to call him back I guess) One DZO said they couldn't do it because they were trying to run a buisiness. I didn't go to buisness school but seems like if I help you get 5 tandems that wouldn't have jumped there otherwise, midweek, at cessna DZ, I am probably helping your buisness not hurting it.

The first DZ I contacted said absolutely not, because he's afraid his staff would be upset and leave if they let some "outsider" come do a tandem.

It sounds like this DZO needs some lessons from Steve Boyd!!!!:D:D:D:D:D

"Some call it heavenly in it's brilliance,
others mean and rueful of the western dream"

I have also been inquiring about this lately. I am going to visit in-laws in Michigan infew few weeks and several of them want to jump with me. Of the 3 DZ's that I called 2 said no, one messege not returned from DZO(I have to call him back I guess) One DZO said they couldn't do it because they were trying to run a buisiness. I didn't go to buisness school but seems like if I help you get 5 tandems that wouldn't have jumped there otherwise, midweek, at cessna DZ, I am probably helping your buisness not hurting it.

My thoughts. Usually, after they've jumped a few times, I just want to pay for slots for my friends. I'm perfectly willing to pay the piper for a first timer, though. I just want to jump her myself. I need to get tandem number 999 out of the way first.[:/]
Russell M. Webb D 7014
Attorney at Law
713 385 5676
https://www.tdcparole.com