Hackb431

Exit Ideas

Hanging from struts... there are some interesting vids of people climbing to the ends of the wings...

bombing out in a ball for 3-4000 ft could be fun.

I did the unstable exits for a few jumps... but then I found I was having trouble getting out stable and focused on those for a while as well.
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

Hmmm a falling cannon ball sounds like fun. Nest tea plunge...is that like belly flying but facing up? If so I did one of those not so long ago. Not intentional but when I was on my back I was stable so I checked alti and stayed there for awhile.

It was alot of fun. So I went for an intentional one and screwed that up. But hey I'll just keep trying.

Aww you mean I have to go jump again. Darn I know I am upsetB|
HackB A.K.A. "Puppy"

My favourite exit was a backwards tumble while waving to my tandem first-jumper friend staring at me from the plane. Forward tumbles are a lot of fun too, rolling 2 times in a ball (total 5 seconds) before spreading into an arch, was lots of fun. This was out of a C182 and C206. I did a superman from a Twin Otter as well.

Do check with instructor first, you don't wanna strike the tail.

Hanging from struts... there are some interesting vids of people climbing to the ends of the wings...

bombing out in a ball for 3-4000 ft could be fun.

I did the unstable exits for a few jumps... but then I found I was having trouble getting out stable and focused on those for a while as well.

It's even funner if you do it AT 3-4000 ft. :P

Three legged rig race. Both of you have your rigs on but standing side by side you share each other's inside legstrap. Deploy at the same time and laugh all the way in. It's a HOOT!
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

Three legged rig race. Both of you have your rigs on but standing side by side you share each other's inside legstrap. Deploy at the same time and laugh all the way in. It's a HOOT!

If you are serious on this n eI think I will wait a long time to even think about trying it.:o
HackB A.K.A. "Puppy"

206 best exit is climb over the top and jump from the poilets side

Although it sounds very amusing to watch what extra thril could one possible hope to gain from this? I am not trying to do "cool guy" moves just spice it up a bit.

I saw one guy hang from his toes on the wing for his exit.
HackB A.K.A. "Puppy"

Pretty sure he wasnt serious and it was pretty irrelevant to this thread...but I have probably 250 of my 330 skydives out of a 182, and ive been doing a pretty cool exit. It might take some practice but ive been going out on the step, facing forward, keep your right hand tucked in and when you leave roll onto your back, leave both arms straight and kind of out to your side and stop there and just watch the plane get smaller. Pretty cool to do, Ive got some good video of those exits. ;)

--I don't even know enough to know that I dont know--

Dear lord that sound scary! I just did my first hop-n-pop last weekend with my eyes wide open and I was still scared shitless! I really want to hang off the wing next time though.
“Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, th

My fav (outta our C182) is climbing out onto the step, get your arms out as far as possible on the strut (to clear the gear when you fall), then with your feet still on the step, swing/kick forward and keep your legs straight, bending only at the hips at 90 degrees. The relative wind pushes your legs up so your feet are pressing the bottom of the leading edge of the wing. I like to hang on with 1 arm and give a sign of some sort to the pilot then let go and watch the plane fall away.

Edit: jgaley69, how do you hang with only your feet? I always fall...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Ya we'll rape the local objects, and maybe do some jumps too!"

how do you hang with only your feet? I always fall...

Just tense your feet....like one would hang upside down from a bar or something. If you keep your feet tense, then that's more than enough to hold up your weight. From reading your method.....you need to get your feet up above the leading edge, they shouldn't be on the bottom if you want to hang. This isn't exactly an easy manuever; need a bit of strength to back you up. ;)

I got a strong urge to fly, but I got no where to fly to. -PF