G5fh84

Is there a New Minimum pull alt for A licensed students?

And ofcourse a DZ can make it's own rules....

I have been to a few DZs that have stricter requirements than the SIM. Is it possible that the DZ in question has a policy that modifies the guidelines for when a particular license holder is required to pull?

Blues,
Nathan
Blues,
Nathan

If you wait 'til the last minute, it'll only take a minute.

yesterday one of the D licensed coaches told an A licensed skydiver that he "pulled too close to Kevin (me) and should have pulled at 3500ft minimum with and A license" I was looking in the 2004 SIM and didn't see anything to back this up.....so was this just his opinion or have I missed something in the SIM? Do A licensed skydivers have to pull by 3500ft now???[:/]

Hey I was on that dive.:P

Although verticle seperation wasn't the planed dive, we , meaning Chet and I, were suppose to break off between 5500 hundred and 5000 and pull at 4000. You were the rabbit and you made it clear that you were taking it lower then our agreed pull altitude. We also agreed that we were to break off 90 degrees from you while you maintained heading. Although this jump didn't go as planned I think the coaches point was directed more towards us newbies and not you. You dived the plan and we quasy fucked it up.

Lesson learned and lets do that dive again because it was kick ASS. This time we will get it down.:P
Some day I will have the best staff in the world!!!

So from what I've gathered thus far I can still pull at 3500'?

If you're jumping solo, or jumping your own dive plan, maybe. But on that jump, no. After reading JasonRose's post about your jump, it's now clear why your coach said you should have been in the saddle by 3,5 -- because he gave you a dive plan that INSTRUCTED you to pull by 4 grand, but instead you pulled at least 500 feet lower than his instructions. If you've got 30-something jumps and you're jumping with a D-licensed coach who gives you a dive plan, you should dive the coach's plan. Did you make a conscious decision that you needed another 500 feet to get enough horizontal separation for safety? If so, discuss it with your coach and see what he says. If not, then it's understandable that he gave you some constructive criticism.

[replyIf you're jumping solo, or jumping your own dive plan, maybe. But on that jump, no. After reading JasonRose's post about your jump, it's now clear why your coach said you should have been in the saddle by 3,5 -- because he gave you a dive plan that INSTRUCTED you to pull by 4 grand, but instead you pulled at least 500 feet lower than his instructions. If you've got 30-something jumps and you're jumping with a D-licensed coach who gives you a dive plan, you should dive the coach's plan. Did you make a conscious decision that you needed another 500 feet to get enough horizontal separation for safety? .

The details of this jump were planned by the three of us not the coach that advised greater horizontal seperation after the jump.
I'm not exactly sure what was said to Kevin and Chet but when the coach talked to me he really had our best interests in mind, did not feel like a butt chewing.B|
Some day I will have the best staff in the world!!!