psipike02

AFF Level 4

So I did 2 jumps today. First was my level 3 which I passed just fine. However, when I got to 4, everything was fine, until it got to my turns. I did a right turn just fine, but I think my legs became uneven and I went into a spin. My JM grabbed me and held and let go again at which point I was able to maintain my heading for another 5-6 sec and pull at 5.5 K. Any advice for trying to ingrain to keeping my legs symmetrical? I know toe tapping works, but unfortunately didnt get to do it. Not to upset, but I just gotta refocus and get back up and do it again....;)
Puttin' some stank on it.

----Hellfish #707----

You jumped today at Mile Hi, huh.... If so, I was on your load. I did that two way track with Tom...

I am not a instructor, but TOE TAPS worked for me... Feel those feet... And, find a heading and stick on it... Rumor has it, after your AFF I stopped the spin, you did not spin up after he let go the second time... That is good.

Without video it is pretty much impossible to know what caused your spin.

Breathe, relax, and arch. I'm willing to bet that the problem will fix itself on your next jump.

Good luck.
________________________________________________________________________________
when in doubt... hook it!

Yeah, tdog you were on my load then? You mean the King Air Load right?

Ok, I'll try the toe tap next time. I did it today on level 3, but didnt do it level 4, he even gave me the signal for it, so i'll definately be more aware and do that next time. Wow, word travels fast. Yeah after he grabbed me, he let go again and i maintained heading for about 6 seconds and pulled at 5.5 K.....so thanks, you're right, i guess that is good....

I'm definately ready to get back up there and do it again...

----Hellfish #707----

Word only travels fast because I landed right next to him. We were only feet away, so as I was packing up my gear, I asked how the jump went, small talk.. You are larger than the average AFF student, so the conversation was something like, "I now know what a quarterback feels like right before he gets tackled."

Hey, soon as you pass your "A".... I will jump with ya any time...

I was the guy with the white helmet on the oposite bench about one seat closer to the door... Tom and I did the tracking dive where we both dove out...

I did the same thing in my AFF 4 last week. I seem to have a problem remembering to find a focal point, though, so I can't seem to figure out if I did a 180, 360, or 720:P. Anyway, I was told it was because my legs were slightly uneven and toe taps are the way to fix it...that and I should stop looking at the ground because I am gonna be there soon anyway...

Good luck with the rest of your training!!

That sounds like half the PFF Level 4 dives I have been on!
Hee!
Hee!
Stop being so hard on yourself.
The cure is to jump more often, because most turn problems are caused by being too tense. The more often you jump, the less tense you will be and the fewer turn problems you will have.
Toe taps help sometimes.
Another leg relaxation exercise involves wiggling your toes.
Still another relaxation exercise involves leaving your socks on the ground so you can feel the wind on your ankles.

DAMNIT DAMNIT DAMNIT DAMNIT.....I did it again.....except i countered and stopped it and went the other way, JM tried to stop but hit so hard that i was on my back and flipped back over and went into again, was pretty much in a spin still at 6K, but pulled with no line twists......never in my life have i not wanted to be 6'5 and my legs so long.....pretty fuckin pissed, not gonna lie....

But I guess i have to stop thinking about it and my JM wants me to come back and do it again tomorrow, which I am.....Level 4 is kicking me square in the balls right now, and to say the least it is not enjoyable....

----Hellfish #707----