Squeak

What does your DZ offer at season start

There are 2 polls running at present of Currency jumps and how/whether you log them so:
For those lot that have seasonal skydiving.
Does your DZ offer refreshers courses
Is are they free or do they charge

PR marketing would sugest that it's safer and good marketing to offer them gratis what's the go on the ground
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

My home DZ not open yet but they do have a Safety day coming up May 1st. That will be somewhat of a refresher plus any one with an A CoP or solo certificate recieves a free coach jump for attending. I guess that coach jump could be used as a refresher jump. So not a offer:)

I technically started AFF at the end of the "season" in Colorado but I have gotten 82 jumps in the past six months. (only two were not at my home DZ).

Not bad for Colorado. I also know that I am new enough to the sport that I jump when it is cold out (silk long underwear, polartec with neoprene and a balacava)...there have only been a handful of times I have been really cold and only a handful of times where we didn't have enough people for a Caravan load.

I guess I don't see any reason not to keep current over the "off" season.

There are 2 polls running at present of Currency jumps and how/whether you log them so:
For those lot that have seasonal skydiving.
Does your DZ offer refreshers courses
Is are they free or do they charge

I think (never needed them myself!) our DZ offers at least one free refresher at the start of the season. If you can't make that one (or maybe there are a couple more) you can sit in on a FJC but that'll cost you, not as much as a full course tho.
These refreshers are meant for < A license or people that have more jumps but have been away from the sport for a while.
Anything else, you get a talk, get asked a lot of questions, and will be put in the hanging harness. And then go do an easy jump maybe with dummy pulls, something like that...

ciel bleu,
Saskia