kenz

Swooping on the Today show

anyone else see it? was anyone from here on it? it was pretty cool... funny how the olympics is getting rid of baseball and in comes swooping :) awesome... anyway have a good one :)
~kenz
"life does throw curveballs sometimes but it doesn't mean we shouldn't still swing for the homerun" ~ me

yea my mom saw it ... and I spent 20 min explaining why I have the experience to fly but NOT to try that ... she has seen my usual TAME simple pattern input, yet she was scared that I was doing that..... she finally calmed down when I told her that as I understood it swooping at my skill level would be SUICIDE, and as I'm not suicidal I do not do it;)

Good Judgment comes from experience...a lot of experience comes from bad
judgment.

So, I am sitting at my desk minding my own business when our director of sales comes in. He knows nothing of skydiving other than a few 4way videos I shared with the staff.

He says to me, "so, when are you going to learn how to swoop?"

My jaw dropped... But then I said, "which TV show did you watch?;)"

From a wuffo golfer's perspective he enjoyed it and even was able to site specific statistics on how dangerous it is. He said, "You know, low turns close to the ground are dangerous, right." I just smiled and said, "it must have been a real good show based on how much stuff you learned."

My mom saw it too. She kept talking about how dangerous it is and how crazy those people are. She hasn't been to a dz many times, but she's seen some swoops before, but she was talking about it like she hadn't. I reminded her of all the swoopers she saw the last time she came out to the DZ to watch. She said "oh I thought they did that by mistake..." :)
Dave

hey jp ~

they re-ran a portion of the segment on our local news station and i was able to tape that... if you'd like me to hit you up with a copy just let me know ;)

~kenz
"life does throw curveballs sometimes but it doesn't mean we shouldn't still swing for the homerun" ~ me