bigway

expensive

i have been to 2 dz's here in the uk.... i can not get over how expensive it is here to jump.
first dz was 23 uk pounds to a height of 10,000 feet.
second dz was 18 uk pounds to 12,500 feet.
10 jumps a week is going to cost £180 pounds.
Makes it so hard to live in this country. Can anyone tell me if it is easy to live in spain and only speak english? can you get jobs over there? bar work etc.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

first dz was 23 uk pounds to a height of 10,000 feet.

That is out of the ordinary (at least for the moment). Think I know where you are talking about though.

second dz was 18 uk pounds to 12,500 feet.

Unfortunately there are few places in the UK where you will get much better than that. Although didn't I read that you lived about 5 miles from Nethers? At least you won't have to spend money just getting to the DZ:P.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Buying 50 at Langar in January also brought the price down to about £15 per jump, as long as you take into account three free Friday tickets. But as I have said in another thread jump ticket prices all over the UK will be going up for people buying tickets from now on.

I've pm'ed him this but for anyone else that's interested: Join UKskydiving (£50 membership) and tickets are as little as £10/jump for teams or £12/jump for blocks of 10. These are only available for a couple of DZ's though (2) and you buy them for your specific DZ. I'm actually almost hesitant to share this info for fear of losing the gravy train myself :P

Cark has already gone up and so far rumour suggests that Langar will be following suit. Tell you what rather than me just relying on rumour I'll email them and find out.

$50-$60 a barrel of crude oil looks to stay for a long time so the days of $30 a barrel and sub £20 jump tickets have probably also gone.

At the moment, the Black Knights Parachute Centre (Cockerham) are charging £18 to 14,000', except for Mondays and Fridays when the price drops to £15. I haven't heard of any price rises in the pipeline, but it is only recently that the price of a jump ticket went up to £18 from £17. Also, if you buy 10 jump tickets, you get one free! (That is, except for Mondays and Fridays).

come over to the USA and get a job. jump tickets at my dz about 11-12 pound. Great weather and we normally goto 14000 Come across so many brits at dz's over here. Born and raised in Blackpool got into jumping and moved over sod the british weather:D
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

who told you they are all going up?
or have you guessed this?

I just received this from Lisa at Langar

Hiya,

Dave says the prices may be going up, but he doesn't know when or how much.

We'll let everyone know as soon as we have anything confirmed.

Regards

Lisa

So the moral of the story is get your tickets NOW before they go up in price.

See, I don't know how DZ operators in the UK have kept it this cheap for so long, given the hideous fuel prices. A plan full of experienced skydivers makes enough profit for a take away meal here. So when fuel prices rise, as they continue to do, then DZs make a loss on us experienced folk unless the put their prices up correspondingly. Its not the DZs fault, but its clearly wise to buy your tickets right now!

ekkkhkkkkk

I'm coming back to the UK for a month in Aug, was planning on getting lots of jumps in (I've never jumped in the UK before). Doesn't look like thats gonna happen now.

18quid equates to NZ$47. We pay NZ$30 a lift, or $25 if you buy in bulk from Bigway.

I'm shocked, seriously [:/]:(

Russ