calledisrael

trying to buy a shoulder brace for jumping

okay, last weekend i made my post-dislocation recurrency jump (hooray!) and thanks to great instruction, i learned alot and had a great time. but i have decided that i definitely need a shoulder brace.

i have combed the dz.com archives and come up with these options from the various threadsabout shoulder dislocation:

Bauerfeind OmoTrain Shoulder Support
The Sully Shoulder Stabilizer
Otto Bock Shoulder Support
various homemade creations (love your rigger)

does anyone else have others to add before i make the final choice? not all of them are an option for me because i have somewhat small shoulders/upper arms and they are just too large.

and does anyone have any experience with one listed on the chutingstar.com site, shoulder brace for skydivers?
life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.
(helen keller)

Don't waste your time with any of these

Bauerfeind OmoTrain Shoulder Support
The Sully Shoulder Stabilizer
Otto Bock Shoulder Support

They are worthless.

The Chuting brace may be a modification of mine. I've shown the design to quite a few people so there's quite a few of them in use.

I'll send some info your way when I get back on my own computer.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

The Chuting brace may be a modification of mine. I've shown the design to quite a few people so there's quite a few of them in use.

The Chutingstar brace is not a modification of yours...it was designed for a few skydivers who have had shoulder problems in the Atlanta area...haven't seen any of your contraptions. Anyway, if you are interested in the shoulder brace we make, you'll have to stop by the loft since we size it specifically with you here.

Mike
ChutingStar.com

I'm not going to visit you in Atlanta. Describe it if you will. Mine's been duplicated by several so it's it wouldn't be surprising if it's been seen in atlanta.

Mine is basically a strap around the chest and one around the arm with a peice of webbing between the 2. An over the shoulder strap can be added if needed to help keep the chest strap in place.

It pulls the arm into the socket as the arm is raised over head.

My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto