justchrisdsp

college jumpers

Captain from Warwick University Skydiving Club in the UK here. We have had over 60 people start jumping this year and are close to having our first newly qualified jumper.

Big it up to the student massive!!

Will see all the UK guys at the valentines meet in 2 weeks!

Warwick University Skydiving Club

I know of two professors at the University of Georgia who jump, me being one of them.

Go Skydawgs!

I was on an Otter last year where (we later found out) we had 9 PhDs and 2 MDs on the load.

Maybe we should try for an all-professor way at WFFC this year.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I am a college jumper. Finishing up this year at Lindenwood University in St. Charles, MO but will probably continue on and somehow be connected with school and education actively for something new for most of my life. Even after I graduate I still want to go on and get another degree or two. You can never have too many degrees, ratings or hobbies in my book.

I have always wanted to join a team and compete at Collegiate Nationals but have never had a student population with enough interest or experience to build a team. I don't know of any skydivers at Lindenwood (which is where I go now). It is a small private university.

If anyone (students or professors) is interested in a throw together team or going to a skills camp together for a warm up for competition, I would be interested if I met the competitor criteria.

That would be a blast.
Roy Bacon: "Elvises, light your fires."

Sting: "Be yourself no matter what they say."

Captain from Warwick University Skydiving Club in the UK here. We have had over 60 people start jumping this year and are close to having our first newly qualified jumper.

Big it up to the student massive!!

Will see all the UK guys at the valentines meet in 2 weeks!

I hate you. We have only got about 10 people to do a jump :( I'm from the University of Nottingham skydive club, anyway see you at valentines meet.

You can never have too many degrees, ratings or hobbies in my book.

hmmm... reminds me of Kanye West:

I dont know where I'm goin.
My Dad died, and he left me his degrees.
My mom would always say "Dad, why dont you work?",
But he just kept learning.
All the other kids parents were working and saving up money for school,
And I was actaully in school all when my dad was in school.
He was so gready with degrees, he took my degree.
And now I'm just glad he left me these.
Because all the regular homeless people have newspaper, and look what I have.
These are documented.
My father left them for me.
And Im going to leave them to my kids.
I'm going to learn too.
I'm going to get super smart, so I to can die without money.
But I'll be the smartest dead guy.
Who has that.

;):ph34r:

And how do you have so many jumps while in college?!?! That is crazy!
Why yes, my license number is a palindrome. Thank you for noticing.

I just graduated in December. I did 1250 jumps while in college (4 years). Student loans will go a long with when coupled with a job (or 2). I also got my AFF rating and have done over 100 of those, though most I donated my pay to keep the cost to the student down.

Coming out of college:
2 full rigs (odyssey's)
1250 jumps
2 Fullface helmets
4 or 5 jumpsuits.
an AFF rating graciously paid for by my college.
Fond memories especially at Collegiate Nationals.
and $24,000 owed in stafford loans.

-Jonathan
Alumni of Georgia Tech '04

We jump together and organize "Leapfests": we organize as many people as we can to go down to SDC and do their first tandem. Then we throw a huge party. Lots of fun, but quite a bit of work to get all those people down to SDC and back.

Dougiefresh, yeah I remember win UW students came down to SDC this past summer.. thanks for the eye candy;). Hit me up with a PM when you think you will be down there this yr

Where is my fizzy-lifting drink?

junior @ kutztown university.....but im a jersey girl.

i agree w. the fact that most college kids party harder than the jump....but i plan on jumping harder than i party after i get the $ to get trained..

starting my AFF in less than a month in the Poconos...:)

"jump and live life"

they may have given me life but skydiving gives me breath
..katie..
http://community.webshots.com/user/goalie85

University of Bristol (UK) here! Well I was until last week when I graduated! :)

We get 80 or so trained every year and are lucky to have 5 or 6 left that qualify by the years end...blame 'student poverty', £20 jumps and the weather. T'is good fun though...both on and off the ground.

Mike

@...

---------------------------------------
Ex-University of Bristol Skydiving Club
www.skydivebristoluni.com

College jumper here in Orange, CA. We have a small facebook group with 5 jumpers in it... I think I'm the only one who's progressed past AFF1, however.

I'd love to meet some folks to jump with once I'm out of AFF.
I really don't know what I'm talking about.

I'm at Washington State University. I haven't found any other jumpers here yet. The closest DZ is 1.5 hours away. I go to the one that's over 2 hours away cause my super hot jumpin girlfriend is thereB|
----------------------------------------
....so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."

first year at curtin university western australia. Got skydiving listed for our uni activities. Getting 150 flyers to pin up. Just waiting to see the turn out. 25 000 people on campus. If I get 10 tandems to come out I will be stoked. We got good weather virtually all year, and a sweet dropzone. turbine caravan and cafe, great bunks and a bar. No other jumpers from my uni though. The dz is 1.5 hours away, but i try catch a lift when i can. I need a super hot jumpin girlfriend.
"In one way or the other, I'm a bad brother. Word to the motherf**ker." Eazy-E

My friend Jarod Houghton (SP?) was a GTA there for a while. I think he is still there. He teaches some art design class or something. Small world. His wife is also there. Her name is Sissavon.

"You start off your skydiving career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience up before your bag of luck runs out."

I'm from the university of Kent (UK) and theres a club there but its very tiny. Hopefully this year we can make the club bigger and attract those new freshers!

I think i'm the only licensed jumper there now, since the others have graduated! :( But we do have people that have completed AFF but not the rest of the console jumps.

I wonder how many licensed jumpers that are undergrads in UK universities? is there ever a uk univeristy meet up of some sort?

don't know if i ever replied to this thread or not.

anyways, University of Maryland, College park over here. we used to be doing really well but we haven't had any new fun-jumpers join in the last 2 years, so it's just a handful of us now. we get plenty of tandems and AFFs to come out though.

www.UMDskydiving.com <--our site

don't know if i ever replied to this thread or not.

anyways, University of Maryland, College park over here. we used to be doing really well but we haven't had any new fun-jumpers join in the last 2 years, so it's just a handful of us now. we get plenty of tandems and AFFs to come out though.

www.UMDskydiving.com <--our site

Well, from the topic, I thought the site was going to be about: how do college students afford to jump? I have a full time and can barely afford to! But then again, I have a 200K mortgage.

Darn North Carolina College Jumpers, You have to go out of state to get an education.

Colorado Tech Baby ;)

By the way Eric I was talking about you. :)

Darin

The most terrifying words in the English language are: ‘I'm from the government and I'm here to help’. ~Ronald Reagan

30,000,000 legal firearm owners killed no one yesterday.