Garycal

Skydiving With Full Detures

I've taken a lady on a jump that lost her upper set five seconds out the door. At the time I had no idea what had just flown past my head. Upon opening she informed me what had happened, I replied "If you told me you had them before you jumped I would have said keep your mouth shut"

The next day the cops arrive. The GM called me asking what the hell happened, after I told the story he just laughed. I can only assume a police report was needed for insurance purposes???
“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.”

Geminijeannie

It may be hard for me to keep my mouth shut when I'm screaming lol Is it really that easy to keep your mouth shut when it's your first time?

How difficult is it to take them out for the jump? Or is it a problem? I can see how it might be, but I'm lucky enough to not need them so I don't know. At least not yet.

Well, how snug are your dentures?

Are they likely to fall out if you engage in strenuous activity?

Holding your mouth closed in freefall isn't physically difficult, but not screaming may be. Besides screaming helps you breathe.

Your best option may well be to take a sandwich sized ziplock bag with you and leave them on the ground.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

topdocker

As a dentist who jumps, I have replaced tons of dentures, partial dentures, retainers, temporary crowns, etc that have fallen out in freefall or on opening.

Pretty much if it can come out of your mouth, it will come out.

So just like keys, wallets, watches, jewelry, phones, ect, if you want to have it when you get back down on the ground...

Leave it on the ground.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

wolfriverjoe

***As a dentist who jumps, I have replaced tons of dentures, partial dentures, retainers, temporary crowns, etc that have fallen out in freefall or on opening.

Pretty much if it can come out of your mouth, it will come out.

So just like keys, wallets, watches, jewelry, phones, ect, if you want to have it when you get back down on the ground...

Leave it on the ground.

The real issue too is that these things can take time to replace, not just a day or two. A partial with a cast frame and hurrying as much as possible can easily take over a month to fabricate correctly. In the meantime, you are short chewers or smilers or both. Yeah, we can make a temporary to show, but that just adds to the expense too.

Jump more, post less!