How do you do a layout?

I tried to do one on exit, exited facing the tale, straightened and went into a "cross" position, and ended up laying out on my back:S.

How do you complete a layout? Do you just need to make sure you throw it out a lot harder and arch more?

"Skydiving is a door"
Happythoughts

I tried to do one on exit, exited facing the tale, straightened and went into a "cross" position, and ended up laying out on my back:S.

How do you complete a layout? Do you just need to make sure you throw it out a lot harder and arch more?

I don't even know what a layout is. :ph34r:
Why yes, my license number is a palindrome. Thank you for noticing.

Fly your positions, don't ever throw them.

When you exit sometimes you have to throw yourself into position (think forward or back loop straight out the door).

I'm talking about on exit, not once flying.

"Skydiving is a door"
Happythoughts

I dont know what a layout is either. Could you explain it?
“Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, th

you mean back to the wind, slow backflip to your belly in the relative wind?

if so, step out with your head up, arched, and hips out forward, sorta leaning back. Leave your hands in front of you, or by your side, and legs straight. You'll start to roll back, and as you do, just bring your hands back up as if in a regular arch with your hands up....lazy W style I guess. Really easy....nuttin to it.
my pics & stuff!

You mean a back or front layout LOOP do you? Layout just means "stretched out", as opposed to tucked back or frontloops.

Can't tell you how to fly them, I try them sometimes with my wingsuit but so far haven't managed them to my satisfaction :S Fun as hell though :D

Ask someone that freestyles a lot they should know best!

ciel bleu,
Saskia

A layout (from my understanding) is laying out flat and doing a rotation around the horizontal axis i.e. head over heels, but laid out flat, with arms out to the side traditionally, although i guess arms can be where you want.

Sort of like a "cross" shape, legs straight and arms out to the side, going head over heels.

"Skydiving is a door"
Happythoughts

You mean a back or front layout LOOP do you? Layout just means "stretched out", as opposed to tucked back or frontloops.

Can't tell you how to fly them, I try them sometimes with my wingsuit but so far haven't managed them to my satisfaction :S Fun as hell though :D

Ask someone that freestyles a lot they should know best!

Yes layout loop, thanks for the correction.

"Skydiving is a door"
Happythoughts

Do a stand up, then tilt your head back, lean back and put your hands palm facing backwards down near your sides. Stay nearly straight but arched backwards a little bit. Arch more with the chest than the hips.

Use your arms to continue the rotations, you'll probably be able to feel how to do it.

When you learn how to rotate really fast, arch more with the chest and raise the arms up some. That will raise the axis from your hips and closer to your head.

To perfom a layout right out the door, you need to stand on the relative wind so exit facing the tail but nearly face to earth and feet toward the prop.

It sounds like you're exiting with your feet toward the ground which is actually back to relative wind.

Make sense?
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto