RkyMtnHigh

You just don't give a shit...do you?

> . . .just remember that it won’t be you that has to deal with the pain
> of those who loved you or have to watch you die needlessly.

I have heard exactly this argument used to try to convince a skydiver he shouldn't skydive. "It's irresponsible to risk your life! You must be really selfish." If you really do have a responsibility to other people to stay alive, best stop skydiving, drinking and driving motorcycles, and start acting responsibly. Eat a lot of soy.

I choose, for myself, that I dont want it..

Really? Try again, you are making a choice for other people too. I am so sick and tired of people thinking that the universe revolves around them and that they are smarter and wiser than the industry as a whole.

I can't help to wonder how everyone who is nailing Nate for having made his decision can reconcile that with this statement by Billvon :-

Every jumper should make their own decision on whether to use any safety equipment, whether it's an AAD, an RSL, a full face helmet etc. In some cases it can save your life. In some (rare) cases it can hurt you. I strongly recommend RSL's for newer jumpers at least until they have a cutaway or two. At that point they will be better equipped to make their own decision.

It seems to me that Nate fits that description perfectly.

I choose, for myself, that I dont want it..

Really? Try again, you are making a choice for other people too. I am so sick and tired of people thinking that the universe revolves around them and that they are smarter and wiser than the industry as a whole.

The industry has made some notable errors over the years, so I don't think this is a very good argument.

Maybe you should take a walk up and down Lexington, poll the neighbors and see how it actually comes out. If you want to drop the results by, I'm right next door.

My guess is that one size does not fit all.

rl
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

...And what happens when you need your reserve quicker than you can pull two handles?:o

I assume you have a low main deployment in mind here.
Pay for the stupidity?:|
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

And what happens when you need your reserve quicker than you can pull two handles?

You pull the silver quicker.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Maybe you should take a walk up and down Lexington, poll the neighbors and see how it actually comes out. If you want to drop the results by, I'm right next door.

I don't have to since my office is right in the middle of Lexington! And I can tell you what the results are: There are three container manufactures and all make and recommend RSL's. In fact, 70% of our sport sales and almost 100% of the military rigs have RSL/Skyhooks.
Time and pressure will always show you who a person really is!

I don't have to since my office is right in the middle of Lexington!

I know, Mike. I'm your neighbor to the southeast (the big white house next door). It's probably your car I have to drive around in the morning when I'm leaving for work because none of you folks know how to park. :D

And I can tell you what the results are: There are three container manufactures and all make and recommend RSL's. In fact, 70% of our sport sales and almost 100% of the military rigs have RSL/Skyhooks.

I don't want to know what the manufacturers recommend. I want to know what their individual, active-skydiver-employees actually use.

rl
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb