GoRdOn8619

Aff and aad?

I am going to start my aff course in the next week or 2. and i was wondering, am i going to be using an add? do most dz's use aad on all their aff students? I am just curious. Iv been reading up on them and they seem to help out alot in case of a malfunction. i would feel safer having one. Thanks =-)

p.s - for any begginner or just anyone who hasnt bought the book parachuting: the skydivers handbook. you need to get it. it is the skydiving bible.

Relying on an AAD to save your life is not necessarily a good way to start in the sport of skydiving.

If you don't feel capable of saving your own life you should consider not doing this as you will be put into situations where you will have to react in a manner that determines your survival.

If you make a mistake in skydiving you CAN die. The AAD is not a cure all and relying on electronic gadgetry to save your life can be problematic by creating a false sense of security.

Hope this helps .:)

im going to rely on one to save my life but..

don't rely on it at all....it is mechanical and it can fail...now having said that. cypres are good and most likely won't fail.

Electro-mechanical and when operated correctly, shouldn't fail.