racer42

Cross Country

I just might have to come to that boogie. I'd hate to miss a jump like that

The dates are Dec 24-Jan 1 although it was extended an additional 5 days and ended on the 5th. We had a fabulous time...this next year will be bigger and better...please plan on attending with your fellow DZ.commers. I'll make it happen...

i was on that jump, man what a blast!!! The view was awsome and as long as you have enough layers on, and a fullface you will be fine! Man i hope i can make it to eloy again that was the most fun i have had in a very long time!
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

Sorry to resurrect a dead thread, but I wanted to know exactly what a Cross Country was and didn't want to create a new thread. I'd love to do one at Byron for the Boogie (or maybe even this Saturday if possible).

So, you guys mention bring cell phones and beer. I'm thinking how carry these things. My one RW regular Tony Suit has this tiny little arm pocket where I can put a watch or a knife and then there is a pocket in the inside which could hold a cell phone and/or MAYBE a can (blech! Well, maybe a of Heineken, but still not the best) of beer. How do you pull this off?

Also, how do you fly while drinking/calling/whatever? Do you just leave the brakes stowed most of the time and steer with risers? Restow or release the brakes? Thanks.

Use a headset with your cellphone, and use 2 rubberbands to hold the beer to your chest-strap. Put it off to the side though. If it's a hard opening, you don't want it hitting you.;)

And remember, don't litter. When you're done with the beer, crumple the can and pitch it into one of your cells until landing.B|
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

I really don't understand how you could get a can (or bottle?) to stay in your canopy while in flight. Please explain this. Even tossing it into your nose sounds like it would take some precision. You would be descending slower than gravity, so why would the can/bottle not just fall and perhaps hit you in the noggin?

I really don't understand how you could get a can (or bottle?) to stay in your canopy while in flight. Please explain this. Even tossing it into your nose sounds like it would take some precision. You would be descending slower than gravity, so why would the can/bottle not just fall and perhaps hit you in the noggin?

I do believe this is what most of us call a joke ;)

not if you climb up your lines before you throw it in... :D
NSCR-2376, SCR-15080

not if you climb up your lines before you throw it in... :D

My lines are new and slippery. What can I use to get a better grip to shimmey up them?:S
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

Probably the easiest way to get an empty into your canopy is pull the toggles all the way and wait for a full stall, then drop them and chuck the can out in front of you. It should get eaten nicely. Make sure you aren't holding an open beer, though, it might get messy. Drink in moderation on any cross-country (one open at a time).

And yeah, bro, it's a joke. ;)

We did a XC at the DZ.Com Holiday Boogie. One full DC-3 and a full Otter..65 in all ..a DZ.Com record. Everyone made it back and it was beautiful.
Some DZs are restricted due to airspace...I hope to have the DC-3 and 2 Otters this next Holiday Boogie for such a jump.

CC my ass. It couldn't have been more than three miles.

Fun sure, but no CC. I did more than twice that on my fourth CC which was also my second night jump.
--
Jason
--
--
Jason
--
Some people never go crazy. What truly boring lives they must lead.

At a minimum grab a map of some type(topographic preferrably) memorize major roads, landmarks, and terrain features. And plan your alternate LZ's. Have a good plan and sound contingencies before you go up.

And have fun;)
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower