bertthebaron

Total Mal at 2000 ft

Sure have, what do you want to know? I couldn't pull the handle so I gave up and pulled the other 2 at the same time. Upon opening shock of the reserve, the main container opened, and the mostly bagged main fell to the ground.

What type of problems are you asking about?
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

I have seen that sort of no-pull malfunction many times on pull-outs. It keeps me employed repacking their reserves. Hee! Hee!
Seriously, it used to be a common problem when people were learning how to pack Racers, but has declined as packing lessons improved.

The key to packing pull-outs is stuffing the base of the pilot chute in the lower right corner of the container. That way - during the first few inches of travel - the handle is only pulling the pin.

Welcome back!

It really doesn't happen that often but it does happen. It's pretty simple to pack a pull-out properly but with some designs, it's "relatively" easy to pack a hard or impossible pull. Some designs are more prone to hard pulls.

The best design has a longish tab with a grommet at the end. You can pack the pilot chute and bridle pretty much any way you feel like and as long as the grommet on the tab is outside the flaps, the pin is easy to pull.

If you stuff that grommet inside the flaps, you're asking for a high speed reserve opening.

Here's a lame drawing to help show what I mean.

(FYI, I prefer a pull-out to a throw out)
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

Made all of my jumps on a pull-out system. I ditched it last fall and converted my old Racer to a BOC throw out. Man...what a difference! Too easy to lose the grip on that damned pud...it was so tight against the container that I could only slip my 2nd and 3rd fingers under it. I much prefer grabbing that hackey...its just much more comfortable.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne