RhondaLea

C172 Crash-Florida Keys

On behalf of Bill Booth, owner, Gary Deirelein, CEO, management and production staff at Relative Workshop, we express our deepest sympathies to the family and friends of Egon Sussmann, Piers Littleford, Krystal Koch and Bruno Asmann.

Egon and Piers were a dynamic duo within Relative Workshop that will be deeply missed and impossible to replace. Where one went, the other was sure to follow.

Details of memorial service will be announced at a later date.

For those of you, who would like to leave a tribute to any one of these four amazing people that we have lost, please email your thoughts to [email protected] and we will post them on a tribute page that will be up later today.

Relative Workshop will be closed Monday August 1, 2005 and will reopen Tuesday August 2, 2005.

Mike Forsythe
Relative Workshop
Time and pressure will always show you who a person really is!

I met Piers in 1993 through the Cape Tech skydiving club. We were on the same SL course, same lift for our first jumps. I lost touch with him, but then we bumped into each other at Eloy again this past Christmas, it was so nice to stand around the fire with him, drink some beers and talk 'kak'. I attended his rigging seminar, his passion and understanding for skydiving gear was obvious. He could explain concepts in a way that everybody could understand, not a skill many engineers possess. The last email he sent me he was going on about how I must come visit, about the awesome braais they had with up to 20 Saffers - you could tell he was enjoying life in Florida.

Cheers chom, you'll be missed.

Will

So i am signed on with Jim Harrises computer here in Colorado. This is Justin Thornton and these were my boys, my roomates and my close friends. Please celebrate their lives and toast to them. Their favorite was Heiniken. JT

Glad I was able to spend that week with all of you guys earlier this year down at the beach house while spending time at RWS. Was looking forward to more of that...

Spent much time with Egon and Bruno at ASC and down in Florida...just spoke with Egon on Friday thanking him for my new Vector...can't believe how fast we can lose our friends.

Mike
ChutingStar.com

Thanks Arlo!
Just so hard to accept and understand this HUGE loss! I am devastated by this and will miss you guys!
//Kevin

Likewise, I am positively floored. Another huge loss for our community, particularly those of us who followed each other around boogie after boogie as vendors. My circle of friends continues to shrink, tragically.

Unbelievable.

Chuck Blue

oh no, no no no. :(

You can have it good, fast, or cheap: pick two.

Egon and I were in the same Vector TI certification course when he started his illustrious tandem career. We spent many a night talking trash (and getting trashed) back in Hollister that summer.

I didn't know Piers, Krystal, or Bruno, but my deepest sympathies to their families and friends. As for Egon - fuck this hurts. Blue Skies, brother.

Mike
Doctor I ain't gonna die,
Just write me an alibi! ---- Lemmy/Slash

Condolences and a big hug from everyone at crosskeys. Yet another month with begins with a terrible loss. A tragic loss to those who had the called them friends, but even more tragic to those who never had the opportunity and privilege. I spoke to Egon on friday, his face and voice keep popping into my head. Remember the smiles, laughs and stories- they will live forever in our hearts.

Blue skies, Blue skies........
Watch out for planters.

On a personal level, on a professional level, on so many levels....

.... I am so sorry for this loss. Big hugs to all my friends on the East Coast.

Justin, whereever you're hanging out these days. Great big Byron Love to you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!

It will never be the same to step foot in to RWS and not see the smiling faces of Egon and Piers.
I can't believe this has happened. It still seems unreal.

Egon, Bruno, Krystal and Piers are already being terribly missed here in DeLand. I miss them, this f'ing sucks.

Even though I'm selfishly sad, my heart goes out to thier families and very close loved ones. Please say a prayer or give a positive, loving thought thier way.

Keys plane crash victims ID'd

Associated Press
Posted August 1 2005, 1:00 PM EDT

KEY WEST -- The Coast Guard released the names Monday of four people aboard a small plane that crashed into the waters off the Florida Keys as the search continued for the two who remain missing. The bodies of the other two have been found.

The Cessna 172, rented from a Melbourne leasing company, was piloted by Crystal Cook, said Coast Guard spokesman Dana Warr. The passengers were identified as Igan Sussman, Bruno Assman and Pierce Littleford.

No ages or other details about the group was immediately available, although the plane was headed from the Keys to New Smryna Beach when it crashed Saturday night, according to a flight plan filed with the Federal Aviation Administration.

The bodies of Sussman and one other male passenger have been recovered, Warr said. The Coast Guard and other agencies continued looking Monday for the other two.

The plane crashed shortly after takeoff Saturday night from Key West International Airport. Rescue efforts, however, did not begin until Sunday morning because initial reports from local witnesses that a plane might have crashed were attributed to loud sounds from a lightning storm.

Dreams become reality, one choice at a time...

Wow, this totally blows me away.. Having worked very closely with Egon the past couple of years mostly as a competitor, we have been on quite a few adventures together.

He was a good guy, very positive, this is tragic, and I'm very sad for all of the folks on that plane. They all had such bright futures.

I just wanted to post a couple of pics of Egon that I had that illustrate his humor....

I'll miss those guys....

He was a good man...

-Aubrey
"Those who say it cannot be done, should not interrupt those who are doing it"

I remember the first day I met Piers, he terrified me. It was my first day on an internship with RWS, and he threw anything and everything at me to stress me out. It was his version of the crucible and the next morning when I showed back up, he patted me on the back and gave me the first of many pieces of advice(always start a new job on Friday instead of Monday).

I was by far the junior member in the loft that summer, but Piers never talked down to me. He always took the time(something that always seemed in short supply at RWS) to explain advanced concpets in a way that made sense and it seemed that no matter what job I was doing, Piers would magically appear and show me a trick that made it so much easier. And I think that's what makes this one really hard. I've lost a friend and a mentor.

I wish him eternally blue skies.

-Blind
"If you end up in an alligator's jaws, naked, you probably did something to deserve it."