RhondaLea

C172 Crash-Florida Keys

I would ask that the names not be posted at this time until the families are notified.

I cannot emphasize enough how important this is.

We are all thirsty for details because we care. Now is the time for patience. Someone close to the situation will post appropriate factual information once the families have been officially notified.

Please keep any traffic that would lead one to deduce someone's name to yourselves, or at least to carefully chosen PMs.

Thanks.
Arrive Safely

John

We are all thirsty for details because we care. Now is the time for patience. Someone close to the situation will post appropriate factual information once the families have been officially notified.

More will be revealed in time.

Please keep any traffic that would lead one to deduce someone's name to yourselves, or at least to carefully chosen PMs.

Thank you Slot.

one of my dearest friends wrote this on the 27th:

Life is constantly in motion - Life is fluid and unpredictable. One day we are here, the next we are not. Sometimes death is unexpected and catches us off guard. I think that only when we experience death do we begin to understand life. I think we have all had some experiences with death and life, and I think it makes us richer inside. Neither can exist without the other.

he's right. life can be taken so quickly. we found that out late this afternoon when we heard the news.

i'm sick of losing friends, but i'm also so fortunate to have known them and have them touch my life. I tell them that, too...all the time. we tell each other that every time we talk on the phone or see each other or text each other...and we truly mean it when we say it. life is not something that we should take for granted, nor should the love we share for each other. friends are the fabric of life. they are what we're woven from and they help us live and they help compliment us and help us just BE.

take the time to tell people how much it means to have them in your life. otherwise, a day might come when you'll never be able to tell them. would you really want to go thru life thinking "why didn't i tell my friend how much they meant to me before they died?"

godspeed, my friends. :( until next time...

my friends here in deland: hang in there. we will get thru this by supporting each other and loving each other... just like we did when gus left. love and light.

edited because my brain is full and wants to continue dumping.

one of my dear friends wrote this on the 27th:

Life is constantly in motion - Life is fluid and unpredictable. One day we are here, the next we are not. Sometimes death is unexpected and catches us off guard. I think that only when we experience death do we begin to understand life. I think we have all had some experiences with death and life, and I think it makes us richer inside. Neither can exist without the other.

he's right. life can be taken so quickly. we found that out late this afternoon.

i'm sick of losing friends, but i'm also so fortunate to have known them and have them touch my life.

otherwise, the day might come when you'll never be able to say it. take the time to tell people how much it means to have them in your life.

godspeed, my friends. :( until next time...

Very well said Arlo.... another tough loss[:/]
HUGS of comfort
Damn...it was on our News Tonight:(

Spent a lot of time with one of them at a boogie. Can't say enough about him fucking tragic loss, tragic. :(:(:(
Sincere condolences to all family members
Lee
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

So i am signed on with Jim Harrises computer here in Colorado. This is Justin Thornton and these were my boys, my roomates and my close friends. Please celebrate their lives and toast to them. Their favorite was Heiniken. JT

Here, here my friend.

My heart tells me they would agree to this.

...Get on the next load we are waiting for you,
Come join us in these vast skies of blue.

Beautiful people and beautiful hearts. A true loss.

We will not forget.

:( 2 true blue blooded SA skydivers! Went and sought their fortune and did what most in our country only dream of! Two good ex - team mates, **** (resevoir dogs 1999) **** (Team Cape Tech 98 / 99) **** and I go all the way back to school in Zim and all that kept us bumping into eachother around different coutries in Africa was skydiving! With both i spent many many a happy moment, Skydive Citrusdal 4 ever boys! I will have a Whindhoek for ****, and **** peace bro I will keep the V.O on ice. I think i speak for Al-Bundy when I say our group and our times in the cape were nothing short of Magik! Take care and god be with both of you, you both 2 young 2 go, but if i know you guys you enjoyed the ride life played out to you 100%! thanks for the medals, the laughs, the skydives, the hangovers and all the good times ! We will meet again boys, with tears in my eyes and a lump in my throat, I say We will meet again lads....."Remember what we would sit and joke about at the fire in the valley over some glu vine and many a cold Whindhoek....all skydivers will meet in the big dz in the sky, keep the beers on ice guys, c you soon !

Deadly Dave
Why Fly, for once you have tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes skywards, for there you have been....and there you long to return......

I would ask that the names not be posted at this time until the families are notified.

I'm sure we would all appreciate this. Thanks Mike.

What a sad sad day :( Everyone will be missed and DeLand will need lots of love and hugs once again. We were all very fortunate to have known them in the ways that we did and for as long as we did.

Hold on to the good times.
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

To those close friends of mine in the C172,
Thanks for all the jumps we've done together around the world, at boogies, at competitions & just for fun. Thanks for all the parties. Thanks for all the laughs. Thanks for not taking me too seriously. And as Deadly has said, thanks for the "vrot" sessions & the hardcore hangovers.
I'll miss you & will definitely have a cold beer under canopy in the setting sun for you.
Goodbye for now...
Maniac.

More will be revealed in time.

Thank you Slot.

It's not exactly a secret. The news went around Summerfest pretty quickly yesterday.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.