FrankTheTank

Skyride owners indited on wire fraud

And she would also know how to help us find the public records of it. I said I would like to see it. I really meant it I'd like to be able to find it.

Here is the post that originally mentioned it, being that Dave's girlfriend is a law student she probably know the best places to get this kind of info, I doubt it's googlable.

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1821163#1821163
Fly it like you stole it!

Check the September issue of Parachutist. Don't know the exact page but, I read it yesterday. Ben and Cary and ASC's USPA membership has been revoked for unethical business practices. It is in black and white. Mike Gruwell saw the writing on the wall and made a mass exodus. Mike is a member in good standing with the USPA. Check out his website at www.chutingstar.com
People are crazy. Cuz there's more of 'em.

And she would also know how to help us find the public records of it. I said I would like to see it. I really meant it I'd like to be able to find it.

Here is the post that originally mentioned it, being that Dave's girlfriend is a law student she probably know the best places to get this kind of info, I doubt it's googlable.

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1821163#1821163

Also see this post from Andyman:
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1821751#1821751
Remster

There are a number of people on those staff pages who don't work there anymore.

Its funny reading though. I know of several that don't work there, BUT if you call and ask to jump with one of the TM that aren't there anymore - they won't tell you that he left, they just say, "when do you want to jump?", you give date and they say "Oh, he won't be here that weekend? Can I have you CC #. Some information they have posted about their staff is blatently a lie. One guy NEVER lived in GA, nor is his "D" license number they posted real. I know they have been asked to remove these people, but of course they haven't.
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

It's case number: 2:05cv2656 filed in US District Court, Arizona district if anyone is interested.

So, how many counts were they charged with? Is that known Betsy? Thanks for the facts.

Chris - that is a civil suit. Indictments are for criminal charges. I'm sure Eloy made many separate claims in their suit, but they're not ones that get our Skyride crooks 5 years per count.

It's case number: 2:05cv2656 filed in US District Court, Arizona district if anyone is interested.

So, how many counts were they charged with? Is that known Betsy? Thanks for the facts.

Chris - that is a civil suit. Indictments are for criminal charges. I'm sure Eloy made many separate claims in their suit, but they're not ones that get our Skyride crooks 5 years per count.

Thanks for the clarification. So, has anyone found reference to an actual indictment for wire fraud?
Chris Schindler
www.diverdriver.com
ATP/D-19012
FB #4125

If you haven't seen it in the "What can we do about Skyride" thread, copies of the complaint can be downloaded here or here.

I was referring to the wire fraud charges that started this thread, sorry, should have quoted pp on the question with regards to the 1100 counts of wire fraud. A friend of mine was looking it up for me, he is an attorney and was unable to find anything. Don't mean to confuse things, just want to get this thing verified.

:ph34r::ph34r:[:/]

Well I am a great swimmer!! By the way how often does the uspa update their website?

Well they don't put a bunch of blatant lies and bullshit on their website, like ASC does with their 800 fake DZ websites... :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

How often do you think Ben or Carey either one are actually at the DZ?

A couple of years back, I spent (in a 3 1/2 period of time) weeks, in three separate trips, at ASC and ben was there the majority of the time, and by ASC, I mean Atlanta Skydiving Center in Cedertown (not Alabama, or Adventure, or Arkasas, or Alaska, or Albany or all the other cities in the country starting with an "A" that the ASC "A" claims to stand for.)

Actually, Ben was a great guy. I took him on his first Tube Jump, and he invited my crew to his new house for dinner one evening. I think he is a hell of a guy, it's just a shame he has no scruples.

BTW, aside from a slopey, rocky landing area, I think Cedertown is a kick ass dropzone. Especially when Method was there.

My 2cents,
Mark Klingelhoefer

BTW, aside from a slopey, rocky landing area, I think Cedertown is a kick ass dropzone. Especially when Method was there.

sure, if you can look over the fact they lost half their staff and a rigger---not to mention their credibility to the business and skydiving world...great operation they're running:D