ltdiver

Does your life insurance policy include skydiving?

BlahBlah was our team name last year. Flying Bmw's cut things a little short. We have a plan for this year and I think our name is now Blala. We plan to make some jumps together next month. B| Sparky and I are planing to come down soon. C ya

Don't run out of altitude and experience at the same time...

I just got off the phone with my insurance agent.

Finalized the policy. Answered all the questions.

I asked him about active duty and combat.

My policy covers me if I go back into the Marines and end up in combat and die.

If you are currently active duty, you can get a policy that WILL cover you. It used to be that insurance companies had combat exclusions. That is not very common anymore. If you would like to talk to my agent send me a PM and I will give you his number. You can ask him for yourselves all the questions I asked.

As I reported before. Ohio prevents comapnies from excluding anything other that those I mentioned in previous posts. Those are no brainers though.

If you travel through Ohio, and buy a policy, you will be covered for skydiving, police work, military combat, everything.

If you cover yourself in blood and lamb's fat and go climbing in a heavily populated mountain lion region and get eaten, your family will get paid.

And as far as skydiving goes, the company I am going with (West Coast Life - been around since 1906) actually PREFERS skydivers who jump more regularly. IN other words, the more you jump each year, the lower your skydiving premium! They figure that if you jump to few times a year you are in a greater risk for banging in. Imagine that, they think it is important to do more than just stay current:D.

Just what I needed another reason to jump:D.

Now all of this is only if they accept your policy. They can decline to insure you for any reason. But, after filling out the application, he saw nothing that flagged it for unacceptance.

And just because one company won't cover it does not mean another won't.

Where you buy the policy and the quality of the agent are key to finding the exact coverage you want.

Hope this helps. Let me know if I can find anything else out.

Yes, but MANY policies won't cover you in any type of aircraft other than commercial. An aircraft exclusion is pretty typical, and that means that if I decide to hop in my rigger's Cessna, I'm not even covered then. Jumping out of non-commercial aircraft is included in that aircraft exclusion. And I'm pretty sure jumping out of commercial airliners would be excluded, too.;) DB Cooper's family probably cuoldn't cash in on his term life policy either. :P;)

kelly

What makes you think he's dead?

Michael

Dangerous Hobbies are usually used in the underwriting process. If skydiving is enclosed on the application an underwriter will either give reject your application, give you higher rates, or exclude this cause of death from allowing payment of the benefit. If it is not disclosed on the application there is a two-year incontestibility clause, at which point if you die within the first two years of the policy of skydiving they will say you made misrepresentations on the application and deny your claim, but refund all your payments. Fraud can be denied indefinately at any time though and the difference between a misrepresentation and fraud will probably depend on how much skydiving you do and could be determined in a court of law. Some policies will probably have skydiving excluded to begin with and almost all policies have an exclusion for while piloting an airplane.

Signature: Minnesota residents can get their life insurance quote / quotes at http://www.mnlifeinsurancequotes.com

Ours does, but we pay $3 per thousand of coverage annually for the rider on each policy. Two jumper household :)
To show how stupid actuaries are, they wanted to know if we "jump as a club" make "less than 50 dives per year" because we all know that makes thing SO much safer. [:/]

I want an underwriter like the one above that understands currency is safer!

What makes you think he's (BD Cooper) dead?

A lady came forward (last year I think), who said her husband -who had just died- admitted to her on his deathbed that he was the jumping hijacker. I suppose there is no way to ever prove this, but it's worth mentioning for those who, like me, beleive he may very well have survived the jump from a Boeing 727.

My Karma ran over my Dogma!!!

For those that are interested. First, I am a current New York Life agent and of course a current skydiver. Life insurance can be like a cheeeseburger that you buy. Some are better then others some have more stuff with them and you know it will be good because the place you by it from has been around for a while or a friend recommended it to you.
NYLI has been around for a 160 years. Great company, but they still don't get the skydiving thing. I.E. if you get over 50 grand of insurance with us and are a skydiver we will send you to a re-insurance pool and you will get a standard rate. It is still a NYL policy though. Which, by the way, is cheaper then the rates the companies offer that U.S.P.A recommend. If its less then 50 you are rated and pay a per thousand flat rate. Laws on insurance are state specific. So you can get something somewhere else that you might not get were your at. The first skydiver I wrote even though we filled out the proper paper work underwriting did not rate him and he got a preferred rating. When, the next one came though they wanted to rate the second guy so I pointed out the earlier policy and they said they missed it but the the policy would still cover a death due too skydiving. So my buddy basically just got a discount b/c of company error.
Check with a qualified insurance agent. It will not cost you anything and you will know were you stand. I can probably get you a quote if we have a New York life office in your state. Name, birthdate and gender can get it started.