Superman32

USPA Renewal

I just got my first notice to renew my USPA card.
Once you get the licenses you want, what is the point or benefit of paying dues and keep active with the USPA (I know about the insurance but what else)?

Just out of curiosity, I'll be paying the dues later this week
Inveniam Viam aut Faciam
I'm back biatches!

Any ratings you get are not valid unless current.

You need to be current to continue to be covered by the third party insurance.

Plus you get a really cool magazine every month:ph34r:
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Plus you get a really cool magazine every month

Mary only says that, because she's almost always in it ;)

It's a good idea to stay in USPA if you ever want to become an instructor. There are other agencies out there to get certified through, but USPA is the most prevalent in the US.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

It expires Nov. 30th. but tell me, tell me, tell me what happens if I wait until the Dec. 1st to pay?

The BOD comes to your house and beats you with an ASP. Either that or not much of nuthing, you might miss a month of Parachutist, but that's about it. If you want to save money, bone up and buy a lifetime membership, especially since the dues keep going up in price over the years.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Mary, Mary, Mary...I toll ya bout needin' a little work on that track...

Jon

Bawhahaha.......atleast I jump! I have a feeling you're needed more then work on your track;)
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

yea, yea, whatever...really sucks to have to renew your USPA and get a reserve repack before you can go jumpin...seems like that's what happened for the past few years[:| ]If you can ever make it down here, I'll get everything in up to date so we can make a few jumps and get that tracking issue worked out with ya...k? ;)

In addition to the magazine, insurance, and licenses/ratings, you also get government representation at the Federal level, and some help at the state level. There are lots of threats to skydiving and USPA is on top of them on our behalf. You could drop your membership and the organization would still be there, but if too many people backed out USPA would not have the same clout with the government, nor the same budget to protect our access to the airspace. I gotta say it's well worth a few dollars a year to keep the government at bay.
Tom Buchanan
Instructor Emeritus
Comm Pilot MSEL,G
Author: JUMP! Skydiving Made Fun and Easy