jumpjunkie2004

What's your favorite plane?

CASA... fairly fast, comfortable ride to altitude (compared to a C182).
and its quieter then the skyvan, I like the powered tailgate rather then the manual skyvan one, and its a tailgate. oh and CASA high-speed passes are lots of fun too.

otters are nice too, but its very cramped standing for a 6'2" guy. also it doesn't have a tailgate, which means less things you can do out of it.

MB 3528, RB 1182

So which one was at AB 2005?

The one from Kapowsin. :P

And if I didn't like the PAC I'd be brutally honest about it. Just cuz I work for Ray doesn't mean I agree with him on anything other than jumpsuits (and some days I don't agree with him about those either!).

depends on what kind of dive I'm doing... I'm a 4-way guy most of the time, so I prefer the otter.

For other dives, I don't much care, although I'll give the Casa points on big-ways IF (and it's a REALLY big if!) the jumpers don't get lazy getting out the door just because they can. I've seen a lot of Otter big-ways get out faster than Casa big-ways, and that's just sad (rant, rant... sorry for getting off-topic).

For sheer cool factor... Pitts Special Biplane:D You'll think backwards is cool until you do upside-down!
"Some people follow their dreams, others hunt them down and beat them mercilessly into submission."

So which one was at AB 2005?

The one from Kapowsin. :P

And if I didn't like the PAC I'd be brutally honest about it. Just cuz I work for Ray doesn't mean I agree with him on anything other than jumpsuits (and some days I don't agree with him about those either!).

OK. I hope it just SEEMED slow that morning then because of my condition.

Yeah, I like the PAC too, but the CASA is hard to beat.

The DHC6-100 w/PW-34's and -300 Wings because it's an easy Part-91 airplane, good "spares" program, and they are able to operate comfortably from a soft short field if you get run-off of your regular airport. They are also easy to service in the field with a minimum of tools. Great airplane Canada!

I just jumped a helicopter (Jet Ranger) for the first time at RAF Weston this w/e...I just loved climbing out and lowering myself to hang from the strut (thinking WTF am I doing) before dropping off into dead air..the first time i have ever felt like I was falling!
Can't say I would want to jump one all the time..i prefer the Skyvan..but this was serious fun.
"Work hard, play hard and don't whinge"

Skyvan -- love sitting by the door looking down at the ground on the way up, and I love that huge exit space.

This is a cool thread -- why not make a poll out of it? It would be interesting to see the results.

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

Tandem work: Caravan with straddle benches
AFF work: Twin Otter but the Caravan is a close second
Fun jumps: Any thing with a tailgate, Twin Otter, West Wind with cargo door, Caravan, Porter, utility C-206, and C-182
I don’t care much for the king air, or the Pac 750
Memento Mori

-300 series (Super Otter): big engines, heavy airframe. Climbs like an owl with a cattle-prod up its arse.

<--- This is me, NOT VOLUNTEERING to calibrate Bob's rate-of-climb gauge.

My favorite plane? Five-two-Golf, a '59 Skylane 182B. Part of this is because it's also the only plane,
for me, so far.

Big plane experiences to date: Went to another DZ that had an Otter. I wasn't sure what they had when
I got there and it was still in the air. Manifest gave the first call for the next load on the PA. I was really
surprised when the list didn't stop after the fourth name. (I didn't get to jump it; I still needed two
instructors at the time and there was only one there, late Sunday afternoon.)

I've also been reading posts here, hearing people talk about the green light and not being able to tell the
pilot about the spot and thinking "WTF? Why can't you talk to the pilot? He's sitting right next to you!"

Eule
PLF does not stand for Please Land on Face.

I've also been reading posts here, hearing people talk about the green light and not being able to tell the
pilot about the spot and thinking "WTF? Why can't you talk to the pilot? He's sitting right next to you!"

Eule

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

On most twin-engined airplanes the door is 20 or more feet from the pilot, so you need a systems of lights and switches to communicate with the pilot.