sickwill

fastest jump ship ever!

I just made a jump from skydive cross keys' brand new king air. I have never been to altitude so fast. It has dash 41's with brand new hot sections. It has a one-time stc. We made it to 14k in just over five min. The damn thing is almost to fast. You get to altitude so fast you need to have your goggles and helmet on the whole time, I even tightened my leg straps before I got on board. The interior is really nice as well, it's not just a jump ship it's primary function is flying rich people from point A to point B, so it has leather interior, and a nice stereo, and DVD players, I heard next week we are doing high altitude jumps; 14min to 20k...I’m in
-------------------------
~~~i love this shit~~~

it's primary function is flying rich people from point A to point B

Rich people would use a jet. :D

If a company needs to more than about 5 people somewhere for just a day trip, it is cheaper to charter a plane than go on the regular airlines.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

I just made a jump from skydive cross keys' brand new king air. I have never been to altitude so fast. It has dash 41's with brand new hot sections. It has a one-time stc. We made it to 14k in just over five min. The damn thing is almost to fast. You get to altitude so fast you need to have your goggles and helmet on the whole time, I even tightened my leg straps before I got on board. I heard next week we are doing high altitude jumps; 14min to 20k...

I wonder what Mike Mullins thinks about this... He clearly doesn't have the fastest King Air anymore if those numbers are right. I believe he has P & W 750 hp engines, though I'm not real familiar with the Dash series.

5 minutes to 14k... damn...
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

True, but for a Cessna jumperthat plane would be awesome!

Not all of us are spoiled by the Otter Fleet:P.

But I don't think I could jump from the plane described, I use the ride to altitude in the C-182 to catch up on my sleep from the night before, the Tandem Passengers deserve me to be well rested:$ (just kidden')

Mike Mullins web page says 7 minutes to 14K.

On a side Bar I have been to 18K in 6 minutes before. We went wheels up, pin checks, helmets on, ramp open, team cheer, pick up grips look out below and out on the light!

Damn those C-17's are fast!
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

A PZL dealer in Florida has these tailgate M28 Skytruck airplanes, which offer very rugged short field STOL performance, and with two 1100-HP P&W's they climb like no other plane in its class. Unfortunately, they are too expensive for skydiving right now, but in a few years...'ya never know!

Wow, that looks like it could be fun... :)

Did you notice the 5 bladed props?!? :o

First thing I noticed... then I read it's a tail gate.. :)

FGF #???
I miss the sky...
There are 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary and those who don't.

A PZL dealer in Florida has these tailgate M28 Skytruck airplanes, which offer very rugged short field STOL performance, and with two 1100-HP P&W's they climb like no other plane in its class. Unfortunately, they are too expensive for skydiving right now, but in a few years...'ya never know!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

There is an excellent pilot report on the M28 in the latest edition of Business Aviation.

Trivia .. skydivers could probably afford earlier versions of the (Walter turboporp-powered) Antonov An 28 Cash, but the FAA and Transport Canada would never approve them for commercial operations in North America.

Mikes plane is really fast... and between 5 and 7 minutes really aint much.. I have a question thoug, is mikes plane faster than the king sir on the east coast of florida Skydive Spacecenter?? I have not been there but some people told me that one is even faster than mikes.. i guess it really dont matter anymore sinc ethe CK plane is the fastest.... do they also give you the 0G at altitude?
i think mike kicks ass. i am happy that somebody can get me up to altitude with AC and in no time at all. i dont even have to take my Ipod on his plane!!!

Blue skies,
dan
HISPA 72 ----- "Muff Brother" 3733

Whiteshark AN72 is quite a fast jumpship too, and it holds more jumpers than your KingAir :P

Antonov 72, cargo aircraft for short and average distance, thanks to its STOL performances, it can use short and summarily arranged runways while carrying up to 7,5 tons of freight.

Characteristics

Twin-jet aircraft, 6500 kgp X 2.

Plane dimensions
Scale: 31,89m
Length: 28,07m
Height: 8,65m

Dimensions of the tailgate
loading doors
Width: 2,40m
Height: 2,20m

Interior usable dimensions
of the compartment