Jackpunx

Passed AFF 5 this weekend

For some reason I was nervous about this jump.. But it ended up being the best jump I have had so far. I have given my self room to not be disapointed if I have to do a level over.. so far I have not..
Its been a few weeks since my last jump and I think I felt disconnected a bit..
I talked to a buddy who used to jump.. I was pounding him for info and tips and this and that..
He laughed at me a little then told me some great advise and it worked for him..
I want to do everything perfect.. and I go over it in my head..
He told me..
If you need to do that.. go over your EP's .. Your body knows how to fly.. Just do it.. Don’t think about it...
So .. I didn’t think about it.. and when the AFFI asked me if I had any questions.. I said.. Nope.. Im just hear to do what you tell me when you tell me to do it..
It worked out perfect.. My body made the turns.. I just thought left.. and there I went.. I thought.. hhhmm I want to stop here.. and I did.. then thought.. time to turn around .. and I did.. and was able to keep close and stable to my AFFI.. I was altitude aware and had a great canopy ride.. they dropped me down to a smaller chute...
Im really excited about level 6.. I don’t know how I feel about getting kicked out of a plane.. but..LOL.. whatever..
I just keep telling myself its like getting tossed by a big wave.. I’ll come up for air when its over..
I wanted to do both levels this weekend.. but we got grounded because of wind after my first jump..
Cant wait till next weekend

Good luck. I think you'll find that nervousness will sneak up on you at odd times. You may be rock solid and not freaked out for a few jumps, then thinking about riding the plane down on the next jump after that. I had that moment well into my student progression (can't remember exactly what jump number). My instructor said "Are you ready to skydive?" and my response, usually an enthusiastic "Yes" was just to stare at him. Probably did that for a good ten seconds, taking deep breaths before I finally said "Yes." When we got to the ground he said "I thought you were ust joking around with me, but then I realized you were serious and figured I'd just wait you out."

For me, visualizing the dive flow in "real time" really helped calm my nerves.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Thanks to all who posted
Somthing clicked on this last jump and its got me even more excited then I was before:)I think Im going to take 1/2 day thurs and jump again... Looks like the weather should clear up by then..
This weekend Im taking the family to the DZ for the first time.. We are going to put the kids in the wind tunnel and my other half is going to go tandem.. its turning into a family event.