jsaxton

How long to ride a Spinetto?

On my first one I rode it for three revolutions, was thrown clear and had enough horizontal speed to get on my belly before dumping the reserve (I had a reserve at 1800 feet)
Last week I had another and as soon as it started diving I cut away and dumped, but I was still on my back.

Would you ride it a little (given sufficent altitude) to make sure you
got thrown clear? Or just loose it and use it?

That isn't a black or white question...

It would totally be situation dependent. At my Small Cessna DZ I would probably ride it for a bit if I was high enough, it wasn't still spinning up and the revs weren't getting to a point that I felt like like passing out.

At a busier DZ where there was more traffic i would be out of there as soon as i realized that i couldn't get it under control..

there are other factors but you see what i mean.

Are you having twisties like that lots on yours? It might be time for a reline...
S.E.X. party #2

..It is far worse to live with fear, than to die confronting it.

meby 2 in 600 jumps, I'm not really relegious about unttwisting my brake lines, so Ill take a look at them, thanks for the idea :ph34r:

I think he means 'twisties' as in - line twists, instead of twisted brake lines.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

One thing I've done on the few occasions that my Stiletto tried to spin me was to immediately get on the risers and make sure they're even. Every time I've done it the canopy settled down and I was able to kick out of the twists.

The one spinning chop I've had on an elliptical was on a Heatwave. I was taught by a HP pilot at my old DZ that once I was thrown over onto my back, hard deck or not, it was time to quit fighting and get rid of it as the canopy had just won at that point.
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

Would you ride it a little (given sufficent altitude) to make sure you
got thrown clear?

What do you mean "thrown clear". Unless you're entangled with it, the moment you breakaway your gonna seperate from it big time. Hell, if you breakaway from it when it's flat and stable it'll still be huge seperation.

Or just loose it and use it?

Yep. Time in freefall after a breakaway, and altitude above you is wasted.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.