format

Who is first to exit the plane?

What do you mean by fast fliers? Heavy jumpers? Freefliers (which is what I think you mean)? Tracking jumps?

The physics are pretty solidly in favor of the jumpers with the most drift going first, not the ones who punch through (i.e. "fast fliers")

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

wmw999

What do you mean by fast fliers? Heavy jumpers? Freefliers (which is what I think you mean)? Tracking jumps?

The physics are pretty solidly in favor of the jumpers with the most drift going first, not the ones who punch through (i.e. "fast fliers")

Wendy P.

What IS a 'fast flier'? I want to know. Is it a belly 200lb guy or skinny 140lb head down guy?

Which of them goes first... and why?
How many of US knows this for sure and do we?
What goes around, comes later.

format

***What do you mean by fast fliers? Heavy jumpers? Freefliers (which is what I think you mean)? Tracking jumps?

Wendy P.

What IS a 'fast flier'? I want to know. Is it a belly 200lb guy or skinny 140lb head down guy?

Which of them goes first... and why?
How many of US knows this for sure and do we?

Fast horizontal or fast vertical?;)

hillson

"Exit order is:
1) Belly flyers, largest to smallest group
2) Free flyers, largest to smallest group.
3)Students and Tandems
4) Wing Suits
Trackers must plan with the others on the load based on intention, group size, and wind conditions."

This is why I chose DEPENDS ON THE UPPERS. It's the only wording that accurately matches any of the choices, as "Fast Flyer" is possibly the worst description of any of us I've ever heard. Are people actually using this term in the loading area somewhere? "We're pretty fast, so we should get out before you"??

normiss

I also don't really understand the poll questions.
Agree with your summation!

I understand it as -120 mph-slow faller;
faster faller body (120+)
That's another lacking definition, what is faster?

And if the slowest is to go first, how come winsuits are last? (come on DSE)

and in another thread, poster wrote this:
"When I looked down and saw the distressing image of a canopy blossoming below me, it was due to a novice sitflyer who slid down jump run under my 4-way belly team."

What does he say? Did "novice sitflyer" jumped after 4-way or before?
Poster did not reply to my question/s

format

Your honesty will prove something better

What the hell does that mean? What does this have to do with being honest or lying?

I'll ask you the same question I asked you in your thread about turning AADs off ... do you have a compelling reason why we ought to change the commonly accepted approach (well outlined in the links provided by others above)?
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

snowcrash75

"Exit order is:
1) Belly flyers, largest to smallest group
2) Free flyers, largest to smallest group.
3)Students and Tandems
4) Wing Suits
Trackers must plan with the others on the load based on intention, group size, and wind conditions."

The only exception I have seen to this was at Skydive Chicago a couple years ago, Standard (4 way VFS) went first. That exception was made because they routinely pulled lower than most of us, and had 84 velo's or smaller. With them first the rest of the load didn't have to worry about the pocket rockets cutting through traffic under canopy. We were typically the third team to exit, and I could see Standard running to the hangar when my team broke off.
"If it wasn't easy stupid people couldn't do it", Duane.

My momma said I could be anything I wanted when I grew up, so I became an a$$hole.

NWFlyer

***Your honesty will prove something better

What the hell does that mean? What does this have to do with being honest or lying?

I'll ask you the same question I asked you in your thread about turning AADs off ... do you have a compelling reason why we ought to change the commonly accepted approach (well outlined in the links provided by others above)?
If everybody honestly answer, my guess would be that 90 percent of jumpers STILL believe/trust solo free flier should exit first! Contrary to evidence that it is WRONG. No matter the upper/lower winds.
As for the other thread concerning AAD off button - I honestly believe that 99 percent of jumpers would prefer a visible reachable OFF button.
I just don't pretend it is O.K. Go shoot me

excaza

I'm not sure why you guess these things when they're demonstrably wrong.

I can't prove it, obviously but there's no harm in me being wrong.
In my small practical experience, A LOTS of JM still don't get (and yet they hide what they think)

format

***I'm not sure why you guess these things when they're demonstrably wrong.

I can't prove it, obviously but there's no harm in me being wrong.
In my small practical experience, A LOTS of JM still don't get (and yet they hide what they think)

I've been to 25+ dropzones, and in every single situation where there is a mix of groups and solo flyers exiting at the same altitude, I have never seen the solo flyer get put out first.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

If everybody honestly answer, my guess would be that 90 percent of jumpers STILL believe/trust solo free flier should exit first! Contrary to evidence that it is WRONG. No matter the upper/lower winds.
As for the other thread concerning AAD off button - I honestly believe that 99 percent of jumpers would prefer a visible reachable OFF button.

You are wrong on both counts. Period.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

NWFlyer

I've been to 25+ dropzones, and in every single situation where there is a mix of groups and solo flyers exiting at the same altitude*, I have never seen the solo flyer get put out first.

I've been to 8- dropzones and in some, I've seen it happening - various expert explanations included (not to mention bad image I was getting for free).
Listen woman, I am not the bad guy here. :)

format

***I've been to 25+ dropzones, and in every single situation where there is a mix of groups and solo flyers exiting at the same altitude*, I have never seen the solo flyer get put out first.

I've been to 8- dropzones and in some, I've seen it happening - various expert explanations included (not to mention bad image I was getting for free).
Listen woman, I am not the bad guy here. :)
No one's saying that you're a bad guy. We're just challenging the fact that you are 100% convinced that 90/99% of skydivers are lying. :)

I have only once - it was me! I was in a Porter in Switzerland and no one really spoke any English and my German sucks but I definitely was clearly put out first as a solo on every load I did there. Still have no clue why but that drop zone was in a valley in between mountains so it might have had something to do with the beginning and end of jump run...

Otherwise its always belly big to small, freefly big to small, students, tandems, wing suit, CRW

(Well if its big CRW they sometimes go first and get out short..)