c0mpletec0ntrol

FIRST JUMP - 17,400 FEET! please comment!

sorry i just wrote what i was told... we were probably on average at about 120, but when we pull our arms back in the pencil position it was possible to reach the higher speeds. I was also told that it was just under 2 minutes... not sure how exact it is, but either way i'm psyched on life right now, and i'm still feeling absolutely amazing from the jump! I can't wait until next season (its too bad i live up in the northeast :P ) I appreciate all the comments, and can't wait to become a contributing member of the board.

OK cool, I thought it was needed above 15K, and since I've never used supplemental oxygen - or even seen it outside of a hospital setting - so I was wondering what that was like. Sorta like SCUBA I would image, but I have yet to try that either...

But I guess that's moot if it's not needed!

different than SCUBA,because of the way you breath it. SCUBA, you breath through your mouth, not nose and the mixtures on SCUBA are different too. Never breathing 100% O2 at (recreational)depth, but love it at alti.
SONIC WOODY #146

There is a fine line between cockiness and confidence -- which side of the line are you on?

>But I guess that's moot if it's not needed!

Legally it has to be available above 15K. But many people jump from 13,500 at Lost Prairie, and that means a true (MSL) altitude of 17,000 feet - and we generally don't use oxygen there. Sometimes I feel it, sometimes I don't. Last week we did bigways from 16,500 (17,500 MSL) and I was glad I had it.

Generally below 12,500 you really don't need it; above 18,000 or so you definitely do. In between some people do, depending on what you're used to (someone from Boulder CO is going to be able to go higher without oxygen.) Almost always a good idea if you're going above 15,000 MSL.