G5fh84

looking for mini parachutists

I saw a kid playing with a mini parachutist at Star that had only one line from the “man” almost all the way to the chute. Looked like a pilot chute, have you seen any of these???…I was thinking to get some for our “flour bag” replacements for hitting dead center from a 100.

I have just ordered a bunch of these for games at the dropzone!!
Parachute guy rocks!

http://www.costumecraze.com/AERO03.html

My favorite:

http://airshow.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=1&Category_Code=O7&ovchn=GGL&ovcpn=Parachute+Toys&ovcrn=toy+parachute&ovtac=PPC

B|

I have just ordered a bunch of these for games at the dropzone!!
Parachute guy rocks!

http://www.costumecraze.com/AERO03.html

Hey Mark, were you there when I was dropping my Aeromax 2000 guy at Flock-n-Dock 1.5? It took me a few times to dial in his spot, and I actually put myself into a bad spot a few times figuring it out. :S I eventually started dropping him at 1200ft around the same place I started my landing pattern, which made it non-interfering with my landing, and I got the bonus of landing 30 seconds before him, so I could look up and figure out where he landed. I got him into the main landing area a few times, once he was going towards a bunch of the flockers that had just landed and two of them were running to fight over who could catch him and bring him back to me. B| The winds eventually changed 90 degrees as I was dropping him and he disappeared. [:/] I only got about 5 jumps out of him and they are like $7 online... I wanted to order a bunch more but if I keep losing them it's going to get expensive.

Definitely fun for the whole DZ and the spectators though...
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Wow, I just ordered a couple guys for myself from:

http://www.powscience.com/store/fascinations/aeromax2000.html

This store kicks ass... within 3 hours after ordering I got an email telling me they had shipped my order AND upgraded shipping since the difference was so small. Once all these guys I ordered go in (get lost), I will be making future orders from this same store... I highly recommend them.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Well if you were at the Thrashers game last night, the Army sponsered a mini parachute drop that was to say the least friggen awesome. They attached t-shirts to the mini parachutes and had people tossing them from up in the rafters of phillips arena. It was the coolest damn thing I've seen in there yet. Too bad for me I was too far up to be in the "Drop zone". They must have tossed over a hundred of those things. I wish I had a picture.
Skymama's #2 stalker -

Thanks for sending me this link.....I ordered 6 chutes for our next contest. from a hundred feet they should be hard to lose, and at least they won't make the mess that the flour makes.:)

Hmm, I prefer dropping them from 1000 ft... it is true they are much easier to lose that way, but I have a few reasons why I don't like to drop them lower, specifically from 100 ft.

1) At 100 ft I want to be focusing on flying my canopy 100%. When I drop the guy at 1000 ft he goes straight back and up, and I never see him again until I am on the ground, and he is about halfway down (or I don't see him at all if the winds shift 90 degrees, which is how I lost my last one).
2) I like to make the guy's target the same as mine, i.e. the peas. That means you have to drop him upwind of the target. The only way to do that at 100 ft is to land downwind or make a ridiculously low 180 degree turn, and land in a deep hole (dug by you) next to your guy, waiting for the ambulance to come.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com