pjchis

List of under 18 DZs

...if I were to go to TN every other weekend (or somewhere around there) and get a bunch of jumps and great training, would I qualify for a USPA license? I understand it's not a USPA DZ but when I turned 18, with my experience could I get my A license and start jumping right away?

Yes and no.

Technically, jumps used to meet license requirements must be made in accordance with all USPA BSR's. That means you must be 16, or have notarized parental consent when you make the jumps. So if you started jumping before you were 16, those jumps won't count for a license. With that said, an instructor or S&TA will check your logbook before signing off your license application. If you are at least 16 when you apply for the license and are otherwise qualified, I think most instructors and S&TA's would look beyond what age you were when you made the jumps. If you run in to a 'by the rules' person, you can always shop around for somebody else to sign your application.

It does not matter if the jumps are made at a USPA drop zone. So, jumps at Mike Mullins DZ will count for your license.
Tom Buchanan
Instructor Emeritus
Comm Pilot MSEL,G
Author: JUMP! Skydiving Made Fun and Easy