pjchis

List of under 18 DZs

Alright guys, I've looked through all (or most) of the posts on here about legal skydiving age. I'm in the same problem as a lot of people, live in Colorado, started jumping in NZ at 11, completed my AFF and got certified at 16 (also in NZ,) but no one in the US will let me jump. I wanna continue my training without flying overseas. I realize the USPA has the GUIDELINE of 16 with parental consent, but I can't find a single DZ that will let me jump! I have begged, and pleaded, and offered to right up contracts saying myself nor my parents will not sue the DZ, etc. but to no avail.

I need to jump!!! So if ANYBODY knows of any DZs that lets us minors jump, give me the link! I travel a lot so it's not a big deal, and anywhere in the US is more accessible than NZ! Anyone in these forums own a DZ that they'll let me jump at?? I'm tired of reading these posts about all these dropzones that let 16 year-olds jump, but where are they??

I can't wait one and a half years! Fortunately I almost have my private pilot license to keep me occupied but remember what they say...

...if sitting in a plane is "flying" than sitting in a boat is swimming. And I wanna fly! :)

Ah... already checked out their website. They have 16 for a tandem but don't list any specifics for their AFF. Hmmmm... I'll be calling them this week!! Thanks man! B| That was a fast reply, so what the heck ARE you doing online browsing skydiving forums at two in the morning? At least, that's what it its here.

It aint 2 AM everywhere, I'm in the UK.

Also check out the DZ listings on here, I 've had a quick look and there do seem to be some non USPA DZs in your state, although the whole liability issue thing may still come up.

Not sure of the specifics of the laws involved but I seem to recall that in the US (or some states anyway) that your parents can waive liabilty but if something does happen that the waiver may not be found to be valid. I'm sure someone with fuller knowledge will chime in when people start getting up on your side of the atlantic.

"This isn't an iron lung, people. You can actually disconnect and not die." -Dave

Seriously?? :o Are you an instructor there? I'm really excited about this, Tennessee might be my new vacation spot of choice! B|

He is the owner, and his children have been jumping since long before they were 18. Mike is also a director of USPA, although his DZ is not a USPA drop zone. Umm, he also has one of the fastest jumpships in the country and a great reputation as a first class DZ.
Tom Buchanan
Instructor Emeritus
Comm Pilot MSEL,G
Author: JUMP! Skydiving Made Fun and Easy

The Malone Parachute Club in Plattsburgh NY will also let you jump if you are at least 16 with parental consent. Of course this DZ may be a bit far. Check them out at maloneparachuteclub.com We are indeed a USPA member Dropzone and have been in business for more than 35 years.
-Rap

Mr. Mullins, I'm so pleased you read my post and you'll be seeing me fairly soon. Your plane is incredible by the way, 750 hp?? That makes the little 180 hp Cessna I fly seem like a toy.

I can't believe after doing all my own research for months all I had to do was post and the answer presents itself.

I'm totally buying a dropzone.com shirt just to say thanks! ;)

Your plane is incredible by the way,

Wait till you actually ride in it. You pretty much need to be suited up and ready to jump when you load. :)
Oh yeah.... don't argue exit order.:D

Cheers
Larry
--
'In an insane society a sane person seems insane.' Mr. Spock

West Tennessee Skydiving, Memphis, TN would be happy to have you jump here. But please, absolutely no jumpers under age 11.
See http://www.skydivekingair.com

What about Taft? You're heading there soon, aren't you? LA up to Taft is a bit closer to CO than Tennessee, I think.

Oh yeah.... don't argue exit order.:D

Tell me about it.

I made a boo boo over exit order on a WS over WFFC, when I didn't realise jump run had switched directions.:$:$

Luckily I realised before exit.:)
Did a few hop and pops out of Mikes baby too, 90 seconds from wheels off to exit.

Oh yeah.B|
Lee _______________________________

In a world full of people, only some want to fly, is that not crazy?
http://www.ukskydiver.co.uk

Raeford Parachute Center, NC has always trained 16 year olds and now happilly does 16 year old tandems. The DZ has been in business over 30 years. 99 percent of our students go the AFF route, but we will still train you SL or IAD if you insist.

(910) 875-3261 is the manifest number
(910) 904-0000 is the school number

Chuck

Mike is not coming to Taft this winter because we have a Pac 750 XL now. Give Dave Crouch, the owner of Taft, a call and see what he says about the age thing. I know that we do tandems at 16 with both parents permission. Check out: www.skydivetaft for contact info.
"People often say that this or that person has not yet found himself. But, the self is not something that one finds. It is something that one creates"- Thomas Szasz