jumpnaked69

More Praise for Airspeed and Skydive Arizona (and now Skyventure Arizona)

I just got back from the Thanksgiving Boogie and I dont have enough good things to say about Airspeed coaching. At the Moab boogie I was lucky enough to get on 11 jumps with Craig Girard over a day and a half. Then when I showed up to Eloy this time I was even more impressed. Neil Houston, Eliana Rodriguez, Kirk Verner, and Craig were all doing load organizing throughout the boogie and it was fantastic. They're such nice people and great coaches that it goes a long way when someone of my limited experience gets to jump with them. We even got some tunnel time with Craig coaching us and it made a tremendous improvement in our flying skills. I wish the sport had more people with the sort of patience, insight, and plain-old flying skill that Craig and other the other Airspeed folks have. Now I just have to start saving up for an ultimate skills camp....

The dropzone as usual was great. The people were friendly, the weather was (mostly) perfect, the beer was delicious, and totally self-sustaining. From the time I arrived at the DZ to when I left for home, I didnt have to go into town for anything. I heart skydive arizona. Now I have to start saving up for a trailer....

The Tunnel down there is out of control. The size and power difference is great for doing real 4way and what the freeflyers are able to do in just unreal. I watched them do like a 7way sitfly in there. I think the fact that all the AZTC people are now tunnel-rats (tunnel instructors) is going to do so much for tunnel-coaching and skydive-coaching since the learning progression can be applied both ways. Now I have to start saving up for some more tunnel time....

All in all, a great weekend. I'll try to post some more pics and video later.

~Alan

Sure, rub it in, since I could not go down there with you guys....;) (Ok I could go, but I just got back from Eloy, and our 4way team has 3 hours of tunnel coaching scheduled in December, so I want to keep some money in the bank... Oops, too late).

Sounds like you had fun...

Travis

I'd like to repeat everything Alan said. It was an awesome time and great jumps and tunnel flying. Thanks to all those guys for the great loads that were organized and the help they gave. My favorite had to be friday night's formation load.
blue skies,
rich

Ahh, jeezzzz - I never believe Alan, but now that you say this, I am even more jealous and upset I decided to stay home...:P

You guys going to be at the DZ this weekend???

I didn't get to the boogies this fall do to work.
Last Winter though our team was at Eloy and Craig and Kirk (well all of the SDAZ staff really) made the trip very fun and productive.

2 of the team hit mile stone jumps (500 and 1000) on the same skydive. Craig and Kirk organized it and Kirk jumped it. The ymade the 2 fellows so at ease they did far better than they thought they could.

The atmosphere is such that I would like to be employed there in the future to learn from and have as much fun as they do.
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!