MrJones

Instructors dating students???????

Personally, I think it's a bad idea. Anytime you are in a relationship with someone, it can cloud your judgement. My husband, then boyfriend, attempted to JM me after I decided to start jumping (we met elsewhere). He expected way more from me than most JMs would. After several stressful jumps with him as my JM, I switched to JMs who had no personal stake. Worked out much better all around...and we're still married;)

If you are truly interested in your student, there is plenty of time for that a. After she/he is off student status or b. After he/she quits the sport.

If you don't think it happens... stick around a DZ for 2-3 more years and see how many instructors try and hook up with a different student every weekend. They use the whole overwhelming experience of a skydive as a way into someones pants too often.

That may be true to some extent but I feel that women don’t need us to watch out for them. If you see a women as your equal, than you shouldn’t really have any problem with her choosing to fuck her instructor.

Sure, your first few jumps are a bit overwhelming but you are also in control (hopefully) during the experience. You make it sound as though women are helpless when they are subjected to this situation. Get over it! Women aren’t as dumb as they act.

UntamedDOG