rendezvous

Coach course cost and structure.

Mine ran three days and cost about $350 once everything was included. Check around.
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

You're looking at 3-5 days, depending on the instructor, the amount of time it takes to do the jumps and if the course includes the pre-reqs (or if you need to come with the card filled out).

You're looking at $350-much more (if they take care of fullfilling the card's requirements for the course as well during the course).

Your best bet is to find out who teachs those in your area and talking to them.

If you'd like to come to TX and take the course, I can recommend the best person I've seen teach the course for you!
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Course cost vary from region to region and wether the CCD is making a living doing courses or if it's a local CCD.

The structure of the course is layed out in the IRM.
Check it out on the web at USPA and you will know exactly what is expected and required.

Blues,

J.E.
James 4:8

$350 is about right. It includes the course (in my case $200), the books ($55 from the USPA), and the jump tickets for the in-air evals. You will need 2 tickets for yourself and 2 for evaluators, plus any additional tickets for re-jumps of evals you might not pass on the first try.

For my course, we spent two and a half days in the classroom doing the lecture and teaching evaluations. The weather wasn't good enough for jumping, so the in-air dives had to be postponed until another day.

Matt
-----

I got lucky with my coach course. We had a coach course director that isn't in it for the money. She charged us only what it cost her in travel expenses. 8 people in the class, so we each only paid $50. I only bought the IRM which was $35. My 2 eval dives were a total of $36. For me i spent $121.

Just cause it was dirt cheap, doesn't mean it wasn't well taught. She was a wonderful teacher and we all learned so much from her. It's refreshing to know there are still people out there that are not in the sport to make money. The fact that she only charged for her travel expenses was amazing. I don't know why some director's charge $300 for the course. Makes no sense to me.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

You need both.

No, you need the card LONG before you start the course, there's a handful of things you have to do before going to a course.

Get an IRM (buy one), they're in there, along with the entire outline of the course.

Too bad you didn't get mody for this before now, Todd just finished up a Coach Course this past week (he was in Waller doing that, since that's where the canidates were).

He's planning on having another one before too long, call up to the DZ tomorrow and talk to him about it.B|

IRM is the Instructor Rating Manual, it has all the info you really need about getting your ratings. Well, atleast the information side of it, not all the little details you should know before going into a course.:P

Sure, when you get up here, ask away, Todd will tell you everything and anything you need to know. If he's busy, I'll try to help you as best I can.B|

What does a typical coach course cost and how is it structured ? How many days does it run ?

Interesting question. It lokks like the respons you got below their talking per coach $200/instructor 55/uspa 100/4 jump tickets.

Is USPA giving out coach numbers like liscense #'s?

Anyone know:

How many folks got their coach rating so far?

How many instructor's there are?

Does USPA charge a annual fee for the coach rating?

R.I.P.

No, you need the card LONG before you start the course, there's a handful of things you have to do before going to a course.

It depends on who's teaching, and how they want it done.

In my coach course from hell, the instructor gave us the proviciency cards during the course, and had us work on the skills involved in the weeks and monthes following it.
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

It depends on who's teaching, and how they want it done.

Yes, that's why I told him that. He's in Houston and if he's going to get his Coach rating then he'd most likely go to Todd Spillers for it. He doesn't do that in his course, you show up with your card completed. That's why I said that.

I referenced what you're talking about in the beginning of the thread.

It does depend on who is doing your course. You used to be able to download proficiency cards but I could not find them on the new site. If you come to the course with your card filled out (regardless of whether the CCD wants it done that way) you will be waaaaay ahead of the game. You may get a favorable eye looking upon you if it is not necessary. Anyway that you look at it, the more you have done up front, the better off you will be. Have the card filled out and have a SIM and IRM that you own with you. It is also a good idea to contact the CCD in advance to get a heads up. He/she will probably be impressed at the proactive approach.

With exception of the evaluation jumps and ground preps, your prof. card is required to be completed prior to attending a course. Who is putting on the course and handing out prof. cards at the course.
Unless it's updating old cards to the new format?

Blues,

J.E.
James 4:8

aeroflyer

I realize these posts were a while ago, but I am looking at:

$350 coach course fee
$55 book with shipping
$112 at least in jumping
$35 USPA Rating Fee
------
$552 B|:o

Edit: Inflation isin't this much.

Is that the going rate? Should I go elsewhere?

Firstly does the course fee include the eval jumps? Secondly at $20 a jump ticket it will only take 25 coach jumps before you come out on top - that's not bad at all.

If cash is tight maybe do a deal with the dz? I got a 'free' coach course in exchange for a commitment of 12 days dedicated to coaching at the dz:)
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.