newguy1

long island hop n pops ????

any word out there about some hop n pops at sdli? where did evryone go. lets get some people together and get the cessena going!!!!!:ph34r:

Hop and pops? I would do a full 13,500! They actually might have the new plane there (it was suppose to come in Novermber) so screw the cessena and lets use the new Caravan.

i just an email from sdli..they will be open and jumping tommorrow..

kinda has me torn cause i was gonna trek out to xkeys for a few jumps...but ive never been there before and know noone there...

at least ive been to sdli once or twice..im kinda debating which one i headed to..i guess ill know in the morning when i start driving in one direction...

heres the email i recieved..

Hi Everyone!!!
We will be jumping tomorrow, Saturday Dec. 17th from 9am until Sunset! The forcast is showing sunny skies with highs in the low 40's, so come brave the cold and make a skydive!!! For more information please call the dropzone at 631-208-3900. Hope to see you all there~

Happy Holidays and Blue Skies,

Lauren
Skydive Long Island
Calverton, NY
631-208-3900 phone
631-208-3477 fax
www.skydivelongisland.com
"Shut Up and Jump!"
--------------------------------------------
www.facebook.com/agentlead

IF you dont know anyone, and its not your home DZ it can become a busy and overwhelming place. Also, Xkeys is a very, well, profit oriented place. I mean that nicely, as well as, ciritically. The coaching can help, but I know too many people that have been lead down the wrong path at the same time. I dont agree with all their "coaching" and renting practices.

My main reason though is, that it is busy, so I wouldnt roll over there until Id have an A, if it wasnt my homeDZ. Its just less hectic in an already hectic enviroment.

Sorry to take this thread off in the wrong direction- didnt mean to do that.

Good luck on getting your hop and pops orgonzied!

Crosskeys is not my DZ, but it's one of several DZ's I've jumped at up North. They're a busy DZ, but from everything I've seen up close, they take excellent individual care and attention of their students. It's a great DZ for pre-A-licensed novice jumpers. Just like, for example, Elsinore, Eloy, and Chicago, to name just a few.

One aspect of "journalistic accuracy" is reporting a speaker's role or position, so as to discern their possible agenda ("..an official with close ties to the White House said...")
In the interest of journalistic accuracy, I take note of the following:
*Skydive Pennridge is a regional competitor of Crosskeys.
*Skydive Pennridge is a SKYRIDE DZ.
*Isn't Pennridge your DZ? Your posts on DZ.com seem to indicate it is.
*Aren't you some kind of "instructor" or coach or something there? I seem to recall posts from you indicating you teach or help teach first jump students. (http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1862771#1862771).
*Your seizing the opportunity to be publicly critical of Crosskeys wouldn't be based on a sense of personal loyalty, would it?
Again, this is all just in the interest of journalistic accuracy.

i just might have to come out there after the holidays. this sat is going to be near 50 so i am hoping they will be open again so we can have some more fun. girlfriend is already complaining that im going to jump on christmas eve if they are open.this is the look i got from her >:(