crwpj

evaluation and response to main deployment

"Keep pulling handles until your goggles fill up with blood."

At one point in my studenthood I got lazy about controllability checks and it put me in a sub-optimal position. Now, the only thing that would prevent me from doing a controllability check right away would be if I don't have enough altitude left to do one at all. (I hope that never happens.)

-=-=-=-=-
Pull.

can we have another choice?

Accidents happen and not all new jumpers are as cool as self richeous skygods

the ground doesn't care about how cool i or anyone else is. i just wanted to read what others had to offer in the way of decision making and execution of those decisions. if you have anything on topic to offer i would like to read it.
blue stuff,
p.j.

pulling is cool. keep it in the skin.
options: it does a body good.

I HOPE the two votes for the reserve is a guarnteed back up are kidding.:o If not I think we have two more bowlers.

I we always say, "If it doesn't work, bring it back and I'll repack it."

I've been under a reserve malfunction (not my reserve pack job) and I've packed one that malfunctioned because a guy tumbled into his round reserve as his FXC fired. Malfunction NOT due to pack job.;)

And, how many of us have found questionable rigging, or guarenteed NOT to open reserves when we opened them for inspection?

Use it but remember it you last chance to live. That's how I treat it when I pack it. Be sure you want to get rid of the first one.
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

"Keep pulling handles until your goggles fill up with blood."

At one point in my studenthood I got lazy about controllability checks and it put me in a sub-optimal position. Now, the only thing that would prevent me from doing a controllability check right away would be if I don't have enough altitude left to do one at all. (I hope that never happens.)

Mind explaning or PMing what the "sub-optimal position" was? It kinda happened to me too... When I started jumping the Sabre2 I'm jumping now (even a few jumps before I had gotten lazy about the controllability checks), it had a deflated end cell on the right that I didn't notice... only until when I went to turn it felt sluggish. I remind myself every time to really check for stuff now...