UntamedDOG

12K vs 15K loads

And anyone paying 3-5% for credit card transactions is getting fucked. Costco resells Nova merchant services for 1.67% + $.20 per transaction for card-present transactions: a pittance compared to other marketing and sales costs.

20 cents is 1% of $20, so someone charging one jump is at 2.67%. Interesting that Costco is reselling it for such a nice price though.

You wouldn't last 10 minutes at a cessna DZ.

You are probably right, I would get in my car and drive down the road to the nearest turbine DZ. I might give you a ride if you’re really nice to me!:P

oh good, you can give me a ride from kansas, to the nearest turbine DZ, about a 7 hour drive. pick me up around 5 am.

I really shouldn't feed the trolls.

MB 3528, RB 1182

Hi SudsyFist.

Re you point about making a loss on transactions.

There are some businesses where margins are so slim that the imposition of a credit card fee can make the difference between making a loss or a profit on a transaction.

You should try working for a travel agent. Most airlines now don't pay commission so the only money we make on a ticket is from a very small booking fee typically £10-£25. If we didn't charge a credit card fee and the credit card company took 3% of the transaction value we would be making a loss on a lot of the tickets we sell. We can't charge higher booking fees as the airline also sell direct to customers on the internet and therefore are able to under cut us on almost every flight sold.

Adrian
(soon to be an x travel agent)

You can't illicit vengeance on someone or something that hides. I am sure he would be less vocal if his real name was known.

Sparky

Ohhh....so the name is fake, and no one knows him by his real persona at the DZ?

How sad to walk around in life, talking so poorly of others and such, yet have to mingle with those that you despise, and vise versa.

Sounds like someone that will die alone, as no one would share in such an existance with him.

Oh well! Not my problem.........!:)

Projection
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

Isnt he banned from Perris? Atleast thats what he's posted elsewhere.

Nonono... That was 2 months ago. Now he is back there complaining daily about the toilet situation

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

At many DZs, if you complain too loudly about toilets, they hand you a toilet brush!

Spoiled, yuppie, SoCal skydivers like you would not last one weekend on the East Coast of Canada.

Do you prefer brie or cheddar?

here, here! we usually get 10500 in our 182 and really appreciate having the otter in once a year to take us to 13500, sometimes 15000. utd's solution of just going to another dropzone is not always an option. closest turbine is somewhere around quebec city or lebanon maine, 6-8 hours from here to either one. must be nice to be so spoiled you can complain about a dz with several turbines and a jet waiting to clear red tape. oh yeah, and a wind tunnel onsite, and a really nice bar/restaurant, and a full service gear store/loft, and lots of outs, and on and on and on.

what a whiner. why don't you take up bowling or something. alley ball?
"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001