Deland Police Change Story About Gus Wing

said he was GUILTY:

Responsible for or chargeable with a reprehensible act; deserving of blame; culpable: guilty of cheating; the guilty party. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ACCIDENT: 1 something which happens unexpectedly and unintentionally, and which often damages something or injures someone
2 by accident without intending to, or without being intended:

Just because it was not intended does not mean that someone is not culpable.

Failure to pay attention when driving down the road can make you guilty of an accident.

Read the FARS.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

There is much more going on with this than many of you know. I know some of it but will not say due to the ongoing investigation. I will say I support Rhonda and her support of Bill. I do not think she is being emotional or blindly loyal by telling it as she sees it. Many opinions are based on fact. As to the comments of some others, maybe you should listen more and talk less.

Besides you denigrate this horrible tragedy by dragging this thread into the muck.

I think the mods should lock this thread as it does not seem to have a good purpose.

"You did what?!?!"

MUFF #3722, TDSM #72, Orfun #26, Nachos Rodriguez

I know I'm a little late here but... A pilot nailed a guy under canopy. I dont see how anything else would matter in an FAA investigation.

Im sure the pilot is an alright guy but holy freaking god! An otter.. Chopped a guys legs off while the guy was under canopy!!!Sorry pilot. No matter what the circumstances you should have your wings pulled.

That being said... I still wouldnt land on an active runway. [:/]

There are some situations that do not warrant an explanation to determine punishment. I think this is one of those situations.

I don't think Ron deserves the blame for dragging this thread into the muck. Before the exchange became so heated, he was simply defending the right/ obligation of the police and FAA to investigate the accident. In doing that, he was also setting his own personal feelings aside and suggesting others do the same and look at the whole situation with more detachment.

Whether locally this has become more of a witch hunt than an investigation is really a separate issue, isn't it? One that most of us are not in a position to comment on as we are not familiar with the local politics.

I don't think Ron deserves the blame for dragging this thread into the muck. Before the exchange became so heated, he was simply defending the right/ obligation of the police and FAA to investigate the accident. In doing that, he was also setting his own personal feelings aside and suggesting others do the same and look at the whole situation with more detachment.

I mentioned no names. The "you" was used as a general term. I support his right to his opinion but at some point you have to say this is not serving the greater good. (the mods did issue warnings) The community at large would have been better served if the comments were kept on the positive side. note: positive does not mean supporting one view over any other.

Whether locally this has become more of a witch hunt than an investigation is really a separate issue, isn't it? One that most of us are not in a position to comment on as we are not familiar with the local politics.

I agree. And as such we should not be discussing it. This serves no purpose other than to inflame the issue and create hurt feelings.

I don't think we should be debating guilt or innocence nor it's meaning here. I close by saying negativity is sometimes best kept to PM's. Other's opinions are just at important as anyone else's but we really need to think of how we can best support the ones REALLY involved in this tragedy.

Blues to all,

John

"You did what?!?!"

MUFF #3722, TDSM #72, Orfun #26, Nachos Rodriguez