Advice wanted on best way to prep for a tunnel and jumping weekend please

Hi, i'm new to the tunnel, only having done 10 mins. I'm now booked in to do 1 hour over 2 days (thursday and friday, in about 4 weeks time) of freeflying only. Im then off to Spain for 3 days of jumping (weather permitting) where i could be jumping 6 or 8 times a day, maybe more?

This might not sound much to some of you, but i think it might well take it out of me. I'm mainly worried about muscles seizing up and possibly being sore from the tunnel. I am working on increasing upper body strength with some free weights right now, as well as some sit ups. I also cycle so my legs are quite strong. I want to make sure i can prep as best i can, so any and all advice needed please. I figure i will need to drink a lot of water to keep hydrated as well as stretch before, after and during the tunnel flying to make sure im ok for jumping afterward.

I know this might sound wimpy, but i don't have even have 300 jumps yet and the thought of doing what will effectively be 60 jumps over 2 days in the tunnel and then going jumping for (hopefully) a good 3 days is putting the frighteners up me!:o

"Skydiving is a door"
Happythoughts

I am working on increasing upper body strength with some free weights right now, as well as some sit ups. I also cycle so my legs are quite strong.

I figure i will need to drink a lot of water to keep hydrated as well as stretch before, after and during the tunnel flying to make sure im ok for jumping afterward.

Thats it. Take a day or two off from the exersice before your trip to rest up. Also during the trip, get to be early, eat well, and watch the drinking (yeah, I said it).

Really warm up and stretch. Not just a few desultory stretches but take 30 mins to get gently warmed up and thoroughly stretched in all areas... stretching when your muscles are cold is not bad but is much less effective. Don't bounce your stretches either.
Then when you are finished make sure you stretch it all out again. A lot of people forget that part and regret it.

It's addictive!
"Work hard, play hard and don't whinge"

Relax, relax, relax, no big deal..I did 45 minutes in one day last year at Orlando. Althought a little sore the next day, it in no way effected my jumping at SoBe's. The best advise I was given before heading south was to really stretch any and all muscle groups we normally use when jumping. Just be careful not to pull anything or your trip and plans may be for not. Blue skies
Party like it's $19.99

I think you will be fine...

I am not a great athlete, and I have done 3.5 hours and 24 jumps in 4 days twice now. Granted, it was 4way and not FF, but still flying...

My trick... Eat well. Stay hydrated. Stretch and warm up. Go to bed early. Real early. Don't party/drink at night. Sleep well. And hire a packer.:)

bout the same # jumps as you, just did 45 minutes in 15 minute blocks in sit only . it was murder for me after a while. and i had to flip to belly for a second there.

my 2 cents is..... don't worry about it , break the hour up into 10 or fifteen minute blocks over the day , where a large jump suit to give you more lift , bring a velcro weight belt to keep the loose jump suit from hitting your face . hold 5-10lb dumbells straight out for 1 minute up then 1 minute down for about 10 minutes , and practice position on a chair infront of a mirror .

i'm assuming your doing sit.....tear it up .

people see me as a challenge to their balance

Drink lots of beer each night. Eat lots of hard-boiled eggs and beef jerky.

If you can work some good Mexican food in there, too, that'd be perfect.

Then, you can watch as your instructors' eyes get wide. Just tell yourself that they're overwhelmed by your skill. :D

shall
B|

Drink lots of beer each night. Eat lots of hard-boiled eggs and beef jerky.

If you can work some good Mexican food in there, too, that'd be perfect.

Then, you can watch as your instructors' eyes get wide. Just tell yourself that they're overwhelmed by your skill. :D

shall
B|

LOL :)

"Skydiving is a door"
Happythoughts

60 min in 2 days isn't bad at all ;) Don't sweat it too much you'll have plenty of time to recover.

Yoga and weight lifting to prep. Stretching before and after tunnel, you will be happier you did the next morning :)
Be sure to take 3 advil or so before you go to bed, your shoulders will thank you if you get to sit flying and do a bit of it. I also keep IcyHot or ThremaCare Patches just in case I get really sore and want quick relief.

Hydrate too.

Also, I have bad allergies and not sure where you are flying. I always suggest to my students that they get a decongestant and/or antihistimine (nasal spray works quick too) if they have allergies, FL has a way of bring out the best in allergies :S:D
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com