BurbleMuncher

African Free Fall Convention.

Hey,

I think there is disappointment all around with regards to the aircraft, but there was a lot of good and positive that happened.

Since this is my year of positive things I will contribute the following:

I got to see all my fantastic skydiving friends again from all over the country.

I got to jump with some fantastic skydivers and build weird 3D Hybrids with people I normally don't have the chance to jump with.

I got to skydive with Steve from the UK, who was a great addition to our hybrids.

I got to jump with some of my Freefly friends on (Wait for it!!!) Some big way flat fly formations!! B|

I got to do some awesome wingsuit jumps and learnt not to loop on the exit of the Dac or the Kingair on exit (Thanks John), and got to the formation to beable to fly with my friends on a 14 way wingsuit flock! :P

I managed to crack the nod onto Dave Morris' big ways and do some big girls stuff as well!

Had some good landings on my canopy and a really cool redemption landing that looked as fantastic as it felt. :P

All round, I had a cool time and learnt a whole lot about people, friends, chilling, anger management, patience and underpacking! (Yes, I did not have enough warm stuff for a place that is normally hot, but that was rainy and cold on most days)

Oh and I got a little bit of a tan on my lilly white body! :ph34r:

All in all, when the weather was playing game and the 3 planes that were there were all flying, I had a cool time with my friends: Old and new.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again!

Here is to a rocking 2006!
Wicked skydives and safe landings.......

I think true friendship is under-rated

Twitter: @Dreamskygirlsa

Positives

I completed my C license requirements.

Registration was quick and easy.

Accomadation was well organised.

Negatives

I spent alot of money on two birdman weekends to
prepare for flocking dives out of tailgate. By the time I left no flocking had started, due to aircraft shortage and slow turn around times.

I was looking forward to doing at least 20 jumps I only
managed to get 3 jumps in 4 days.

Conclussion

I probably won't support this boogie again until it has
proven itself.

I was definitly very annoyed but once they got organised and were running the kingair, porter and dc3 together,....things got better. Looking back I did some fun jumps but nothing near the sort of stuff I was planning. The no tail gate planes issue is a big one for most people, who would not have come to the boogie at all if they new the ANT would not be there.

Overall I did have a lot of fun,...but it was out of aircrafts which I jump everyweekend anyway. The only nice thing was the extra altitude.

If I knew what the boogie would be like before I went,...I probably would have skipped it altogether. Or I would have just done the Brian Germain Canopy coarse which im kicking myself for not doing.

Or I would have just done the Brian Germain Canopy coarse which im kicking myself for not doing.

He's running a course at JSC this weekend.

t

Get ready t, 1/29/06 will begin the year of the dog.

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

This is exactly what I was worried about, we are all quick to jump on the wagon and complaint about the wrongs, yes you have some to be upset bout but what about the good that came out of it. For me the biggest disappointment was the weather not playing along….. IMHO this was one of the biggest contributors to the overall frustration.

As a complete novice at the sport the AFFC provided a great opportunity to meet lots of great people, people that I can and have learnt a shit load of in only a couple of days.

At least we had a Boogie to go to over the festive season, let’s rather learn from the experience and support the organizers in the next attempt to insure the same mistakes not being made again.

I will be at the next one!

Hi

I understand what you're saying but personally I went there for the tailgate aircraft.

I can almost garentee that if they had informed people a day before the event that their so called confirmed aircraft had cancelled very little people would have gone.

Besides R395 is alot for regestration and only being able to do 2 jumps in a day is a JOKE.

I'll add my 2c worth given that I only ended up leaving on the 5th!

Yes, we were all pretty grumpy about the aircraft issue - it sucks to drive over 10 hours and not find a tailgate plane (although I kid you not!!! there was a UN C130 doing touch and go's on the 4th!)

The venue is great for a boogie, and the infrastructure was perfect. Catering was also well-organised.

Bev, those hybrids rocked! Although next year I want to be one of the freefliers!;)

I managed to get 20 jumps in and know someone who managed over 50, but a lot of that happened out of the kingair when most people had left.

I went there expecting to do some big formations, and it was a bit disappointing that these were limited by the aircraft issues, but on the plus side, I learnt a whole lot more about freeflying than I thought I would!

So to all of you there that jumped and partied with me - thanks for the good times B|.

PS The New Years' party with Bruce's band was awesome too!

I had a great time - the canopy course was fabulous - i have not learned so much in 3 days in a long time. And i had an amazing 100th jump with great friends - very very memorable!

Yes, i would have loved to jump out of an antinov, but hey, there were more positives than negatives.

Thank you to the organisers and Brian Germain!

-Chanti-

So it was you who did your 100th out the kingair!! (I was doing some or other freefly jump on that load)

Thumbs up to you girl - that took balls;). Like I said to you there though I would have enforced the traditional rules:P.

Congrats - how did the 8 way go??

Lo there Chanti. First of all: urs was an awesome 100th. Well done.

Second: Tha AFFC has some good points such as Brian's canopy course and friendly staff, etc.
But as a private profit making event it was not much of a success. There was no comunacation between organisers and customers.

It was their first Boogie, so i will go again and give them my support... but next time there are no excuses.