jon_calla

getting an A license

You'll need your CAT 8 and CH1 to apply for your FAI A license. You can get all the details from http://www.bpa.org.uk/

Edited to add: Check out the OPs manual at http://www.bpa.org.uk/opman.htm this explains what are the requirements for CAT8 etc. I think you'll want section 2.

"This isn't an iron lung, people. You can actually disconnect and not die." -Dave

hi im new to sky diving and am looking forward to doing an aff course in 3 weeks :)thanks jon

Wow... Exactly same as me!

I've done one tandem skydive so far, going to FFU from the 18th till the 28th of this month, to do my AFF, consols and CH1! Will definately hope to see you there B| When are you going?

Where abouts are you from? What dropzone is closest to you?

jjiimmyyt is absolutely correct about the requirements for BPA 'A' license, you need to do:

- AFF (levels 1-7), plus hop & pop
- 10 Consolidation jumps
- Complete BPA CH1

It's all in the operations manual mate! See you in sunny spain! :)

[reply
- AFF (levels 1-7), plus hop & pop
- 10 Consolidation jumps
- Complete BPA CH1

It's all in the operations manual mate! See you in sunny spain! :)

Note, according to the OPs manual that you need 25 jumps to get a FAI A, the regs are not completly clear on this as you could, if you pass all 7 levels AFF + H&P (pretty rare) + consols, have met all the requirements apart from numbers after 18 jumps. Maybe a BPA instructor could chimein here and give us gospel?

"This isn't an iron lung, people. You can actually disconnect and not die." -Dave

Note, according to the OPs manual that you need 25 jumps to get a FAI A, the regs are not completly clear on this as you could, if you pass all 7 levels AFF + H&P (pretty rare) + consols, have met all the requirements apart from numbers after 18 jumps. Maybe a BPA instructor could chimein here and give us gospel?

Just to clear that up...

FAI (BRITISH STANDARD) CERTIFICATE (RED)

2.1. FAI ‘A’ CERTIFICATE: Category 8 and at least ‘CH-Grade 1’.

and

3. FAI INTERNATIONAL PARACHUTIST CERTIFICATE OF PROFICIENCY

3.1.‘A’ CERTIFICATE (PARACHUTIST):

25 Freefall jumps. 5 Minutes of Freefall time. 5 formation (FS) jumps or, 5 freefly (FF) jumps, involving at least 2 participants and made under the supervision of an instructor. Demonstration of control of the body in freefall in all axes (backloops, turns, barrel rolls etc.). Ability to pack a main parachute.

"N.B. International designations of parachutists do not correlate directly with the BPA system."

My understanding of this is that there is no minimum number of jumps to get a BPA "A" license... Dont take that as the gospel though. Im waiting to be corrected by someone that knows more about it...

There is a difference. The for BPA A you need level 8, 10 consoles and CH1. CH1 stuff can be done during AFF and consoles.

The 25 jump "A" is the requirements for the FAI A licence. Im not sure which countries use this licence, but the BPA A is good enough for most countries.

UK Skydiver for all your UK skydiving needs.