thesaint

You know you got it bad when...

Ok we're going to Europe to ski, but I've already made up my mind that Im ONLY doing bunny slopes because after all I just can't risk getting hurt right before jump season.......

That's bad ;)

"If a thousand people agree on a dumb ideal, it's STILL a dumb ideal."

Skully Bro #1 - POPS# 10440

...you postpone a visit to see your family on the weekend, because your local DZ is only open weekends
and it looks to be good weather. (Yep, did it for the second weekend jumping ever.)

...you're at the airport, waiting for your first commercial flight since you started jumping. You have no
rig with you, either carry-on or checked. They announce boarding and everyone lines up. Without
thinking about it, you check your handles. (Almost did it without thinking. Realized what I was going
to do and did it anyway, just for grins.)

...you're going hiking, and you decide to hike the easy trail, since you're jumping later that afternoon and
don't want to get hurt. (Did it, but it was tunnel time instead of jumping.)

Eule
PLF does not stand for Please Land on Face.

You save up for months to visit another country to attend a boogie for a few weeks, when you get back and someone asks you if you saw this and that ... you say no, I spent 3 weeks at the dz jumping ;)

"Most of us can read the writing on the wall; we just assume it's
addressed to someone else!" Ivern Ball

...you're at the airport, waiting for your first commercial flight since you started jumping. You have no
rig with you, either carry-on or checked. They announce boarding and everyone lines up. Without
thinking about it, you check your handles. (Almost did it without thinking. Realized what I was going
to do and did it anyway, just for grins.)

I haven't done that, but I have found myself constantly glancing at my left wrist on the way up.:P

I did the same thing except it was my cousins wedding. A lot of the family was going and I was like I can't afford it. Instead I went to the annual memorial day boogie at my dz and spent probably just as much money as it would have cost to go to the wedding. Hey you got to have priorities.
Skymama's #2 stalker -

..You see a Cessna flying low over head during the week and think.. I would jump from that Altitude... ;) Or you hear a plane look up and yell DOOR! (We have lots of cessna's flying over our buildings while we are at work)

When asked what you want for Christmas/Birthday etc you just say call 800-skydive (locally 800 number for skydive Ogden) and put money on my books..

You want to Name your Son Jumper!:ph34r:

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

When you are at the airport and the smell of jet-fuel cheers you up. :)

Does that include Narita? It's pretty strong.....

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

you test your visual alti awareness out the window of a commercial jet (and confuse yourself because it ascends/descends just a tiny bit faster than the cessna you're used to:P)

no plans are made for weekends until they're there and you know what the weather's doing!
Skydiving: wasting fossil fuels just for fun.

I am going to Maui for a wedding. I will be there ten days. One of the ten days Im going to Oahu to skydive and for some reason it is the only part of the trip I can thin about :S
“Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, th

you sell your car because you see it as wasted capital. You can get by with a little older car anyway. Only use it to get from A to B after all!! Plus you seen some gear you like the look of and you want to jump but dont get paid for another 3 weeks :$;)

How about... you know you got it bad when you spend the majority of your awake but not jumping hours on dropzone.com. Not to mention some hours that you should be sleeping or working.

--------------------------------------------------
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock. ~ Thomas Jefferson

Ok we're going to Europe to ski, but I've already made up my mind that Im ONLY doing bunny slopes because after all I just can't risk getting hurt right before jump season.......

That's bad ;)

That's weak [:/]. Ski hard, go big, charge the steeps. Most of the time the snow is soft enough from doing much else than bruising. Take chances, push yourself B|.
BASE 1224, Senior Parachute Rigger, CPL ASEL IA, AGI, IGI
USPA Coach & UPT Tandem Instructor, PRO, Altimaster Field Support Representative

go to Dillingham Air Force Base on the North Shore - incredible views from altitude. be forwarned though - kinda tight landing area and funky winds lots of days...

I am doing that! my point was out of a 10 day vacation Im only really excited about the one day I am jumping!
“Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, th