Sky15

15 years in the sport now

Well I just officially hit 15 years of jumping, got my new USPA card and felt sorta like a dinosaur when it said 16th year of membership. My husband with over 35 years in the sport chuckled and asked if I wanted to see his to make me feel better.

I think 15 years of skydiving is an accomplishment for anyone, but toss in a couple of babies along the way, and it can be a challenge just to stay current. I also reflected on all the changes in the sport in the past 15 years. I realized that jumping F-111 for much of my skydiving career and also in Cessnas makes me a bit unique today. Or is that antique? B| Ah, the days of bottom end CRW and the 5 and 6 Cessna plane formations. I remember when Freestyle, RW and CRW were the only disciplines. For headgear, we wore nothing, frap hats, or protecs. Booties? Love em now, but never jumped them til I had about 1000 jumps. Still have a 1995 WWR photo and you can see some in booties so guess it was just coming out around that time.

Never really thought about quitting til this past year (due to kids and $), looks like I'll stick with it a while longer. :)
Thanks for reading my trip down memory lane. Blue skies.

Congrats! I know the feelings you are describing.

I hit 20 years with USPA at the same time my mother hit 40 years. We presented our certificates to each other at a boogie, she was mad at me for making her feel old:o

I hit 20 years out of High School this year, this one seems to be bother me more than USPA:S

Once again congrats!

I realized that jumping F-111 for much of my skydiving career and also in Cessnas makes me a bit unique today. Or is that antique?

I told you already girl, you're not really 'old school' unless you got some round prarachute jumps! :P

I've been in and out of the sport for a number of years now, so I really admire your track record! And for what it's worth, it people like you that keep me coming back. Thanks for getting me current again!

Edited to add - You'll know you're antique when you're jumping with the children of the people you started in this sport with! I've come full circle! :D

"If all you ever do is all you ever did, then all you'll ever get is all you ever got."

15 will be in May for me. It's been an awesome ride. You will see my thread on May 11 telling about my 15. To be a woman and mother in this sport has to be so tough. My wife just couldn't do it after the first kid. Congrats, good job makn it this far. hope to see that 20yr thread.
HPDBs, I hate those guys.
AFB, charter member.